Can Trump create more jobs before he takes the oath than Obama did in the last 8 years?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by 1458279, Dec 6, 2016.

1. 1458279 Suspended

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/06/trum...on-in-the-us-aiming-to-create-50000-jobs.html

50,000 jobs and $50,000,000,000.00 ... and he's NOT yet president! DAMMMMM!

Ok, so can Trump create more jobs before he takes the oath, than Obama did in 8 years?

He's got how many days?

Wow, this has got to BUUUUUURN Obama. Talk about a SLAP in the face! WOW! Trump had CRUSHED Obama.

I don't think Trump can actually create more jobs in that short period of time, but at least he's trying and making a LOT of progress.

2. rdrr macrumors 6502a

rdrr

Let me know when he gets to 10 Million. Then we can start debating.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/07/news/economy/obama-15-million-jobs/

3. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

humm how often have we seen complaints Hillary took money from Saudi Arabia?
    But the $50 billion will come from a previously announced $100 billion international investment fund set up with Saudi Arabia, according to Dow Jones.

4. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

There's no need to make a comparison between two presidents. It's not election time.
    I am happy that more investment comes to the US and that 50,000 jobs will be created.

5. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502

Bug-Creator

With such announcements the number of jobs is allways of by a factor of 10 once you take into considerationnthe jobs that would have been created regardless and those that are estimated to be added by a boom in demand for services.

Most likely Softbank just felt it was the right time to generate some positive PR for themselves while getting a foot in the door to the oval office

6. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Obama still has a one up with projects like Solyndra, hundreds of bankruptcy lawyer jobs.

7. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

8. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

And of course trump hires more foreign workers of his hotels. He just got approval to hire 69 workers and some will get paid less. America first or profits first?

9. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

So now just promises of 50,000 jobs means that 50,000 jobs have been created.

10. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

I think it will be close on which administration added the most low paying jobs to the economy, but Obama created a solid foundation on which to continue doing that. I do think Trump will be more laser focused on creating/bringing back more low paying jobs though.

11. chown33 macrumors 604

Why do you want some corporate exec to lay off such a loyal and cheerful worker?
    Keep American Jobs in America!

[​IMG]

12. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Wrong.

Trump had nothing to do with those 50,000 jobs. That was planned before trump was elected.

He's playing you for a fool.

13. kobalap macrumors 6502

Government and people don't create jobs.

Demand for products and services creates jobs.

14. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

I think Trump and the party who put him in office should take it a step further and insist all applicants currently on welfare applying for these newly created jobs automatically advance to the front the queue. I’m not saying give jobs to people who don’t qualify. I’m saying they get first dibs and keep job requirements realistic. You don’t need a college degree to man an emergency stop button.

15. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

Not quite. Softbank was going to do an investment, but given that the Obama administration thwarted a proposed merger between T Mobile and Sprint and combined with Obama's penchant for job-killing regulations, the jobs figure was zero or near it before Trump became president. The deregulatory climate of a Trump administration bodes well for the merger and expansion in the telecommunications industry, not to mention lower prices for consumers.

16. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

Partly true, government can get in the way of job creation, or cause job creation to be too expensive. So many regulations and taxes make product pricing higher, reduce demand, therefore reduce jobs.

17. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

so it would be good for customers if they merged or the employees? or just the shareholders? usually mergers hurt all but the shareholders.

18. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

The only jobs Trump has actually created so far is for putting eye holes in white hoods, and cleaning out farts and spittle from white sheets. Dry cleaners in red states are booming.

19. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

We'll also let you know when Trump goes from private citizen to President. Remember, Obama is President of the United States of America right now, yet Trump (NOT president) is making deals, saving and creating MORE jobs that Obama.

So, um, yea... we'll let you know... Sure... You wait right here, we'll let you know... :rolleyes:

20. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

and maybe he will hire Americans for his American hotels and maybe not the cheap president. make foreign workers first.

21. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

So what happened with Carrier? Did the demand for Carrier change?

Let me check my "demand for Carrier products tracking index" ... <waiting>

Awww, there's my "demand for Carrier products tracking index" ... nope, not seeing any change.

Is this going to be one of those "chicken-egg" arguments? No really, I can't do the "chicken-egg" argument before lunch. I end up thinking about this...
    chicken.jpeg

<the mac-n-cheese, is just icing on the cake> But, yea, let's not do that "chicken-egg" thing before lunch.

22. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

I'm rather skeptical of that investment and jobs claim. It involves a merger between two of the larger mobile carriers.

23. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

Quoted the wrong dude

24. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Sorry.

25. kobalap macrumors 6502

??

Not even liberals are this confused. Well, maybe liberals.

The demand for hvac products and services has not changed. The demand was always there. That is why Carrier employed people in Indiana. And that is why they were going to employ people in Mexico.

Trump did not change the demand for Carrier products and services. There isn't going to be this new demand for furnaces and AC units just because Trump is president as opposed to crooked Hillary. Something happened during the "negotiations". Either the tax payer got hosed or the stock holder got hosed. Someone has to pay for the additional cost of employing American labor vs. cheaper Mexican labor.

Let's not all of a sudden make government this great thing, particularly when they are taking credit for something they did not do. Government is an agent of evil. Always has been, always will be.