Can Trump keep his vanity in check?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by LIVEFRMNYC, Jan 22, 2017.

?

Can Trump keep his vanity in check?

1. YES, Trump will adjust accordingly

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  2. NO, Trump's vanity will an embarrassment

16 vote(s)
    45.7%
  3. We won, SHUT UP!!!!

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
  4. Trump just isn't fit to be POTUS .....PERIOD!!!

14 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Every president that I can remember in my lifetime, which Regan would be the earliest I remember, has been criticized and ridiculed by a large portion of the American people, American Press, and foreign society as well. IMO, they all handled it professionally, at least in the public eye.

Now whether the inauguration crowd size was real news, fake news, half/half, real at 11:50am, fake at 12:02pm, and etc ....... is not the argument.

The fact that Trump had his press secretary officially make a huge public denial for something so minute, is something that I hope doesn't become the norm. Cause like every president before him, Trump has a lot more coming his way.

To be fair, after Clinton is when cable news and social media started to become more prominent. So Bush and Obama felt the brunt of it, and now Trump will as well.

2. macmee Suspended

macmee

Of course we can't. He's a 70 year old man who's set in his ways, and unfortunately for us his ways are bat **** crazy.

3. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Correction: a 14 (or is it four?) year old trapped in a 70 year old body. :D

4. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Every time you're h guys yap about trump you validate him. , just saying

5. LIVEFRMNYC thread starter macrumors 603

Let's be honest ... It's Trump that has being fueling the fire, from his own words, since the beginning of his campaign.

Now a year or two down the line, will this all be forgotten about? Or will Trump continue to fuel his criticism?

6. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

Yep, his antics have Democrats in a tizzy, and it's beautiful, if not a little pathetic. Act like you've been there before people!!

The American left went from smug, classless, elitists who thought they knew what was better for America than America knew for itself; to whiny infantile crybaby's obsessed at crowd size comparisons (compensating for anything, LOL?) and hyperbolic threats to humanity. And they did it practically overnight.

And if they keep it up, nobody will ever take them seriously again. Not unlike the whiny 7 year old who's tantrums get ignored.

I, for one, look forward with admittedly morbid curiosity and anticipation at what the coming years have in store for us on that front!

7. bopajuice macrumors 6502a

bopajuice

As much as you have talked about Hillary, you could say the same thing...

8. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Vanity? You want vanity? Obama wrote two autobiographies before he was forty years old. Sure, they were ghosted but still...

9. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

You do realize this is basically the equivalent of when my 11 year old son goes storming to his room screaming about how his younger brother's antics are responsible for making him lose his $&@%.

No son, it's you that decides whether you'll behave properly, or more like a babboon when stress levels rise.

10. LIVEFRMNYC thread starter macrumors 603

First, that has nothing to do with being POTUS.

Second, Only two???? Trump has wrote countless books since the 80's.

The problem is ..... Your sons are NOT free to say what they please under your roof. Bad analogy.

11. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

Tell me more about the rules in my own home please!

Truth be told, my sons can say what they like. They just don't get to choose how their behaviors are received. This is a perfect comparison in that regard.

12. LIVEFRMNYC thread starter macrumors 603

So your sons can say what they want, they can criticize each other and yourself? Let's be real now.

13. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

It's more recognizing the state of crazy he is then it is validation. You might as well get used to it, it's going to be a long four years.

14. RedOrchestra Suspended

It's never ending with these helicopter Liberals ... they think they know and want to control your personal lives.

15. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

You bet! Let's be real indeed!

16. LIVEFRMNYC thread starter macrumors 603

I'm not a Liberal. But I guess you conservatives only have a "us or them" mentality.

17. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I'm curious why you think that liberals are obsessed with crowd size while seemingly ignoring the Republican obsession over it.

18. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Trump is a master troll. He has you and everyone talking about crowd size instead of the woman march.

19. Foggydog macrumors 6502

Foggydog

Wasn't one of his books titled The art of the steal?

20. LIVEFRMNYC thread starter macrumors 603

That's actually a good point. But judging from his public persona, he would have most likely handled it the same way even if there wasn't a women's march.

21. RedOrchestra Suspended

Of course you are ... far too late to be ashamed now.

22. LIVEFRMNYC thread starter macrumors 603

You just proved my point.

23. SusanK macrumors 68000

Multiple Bankruptcies for Dummies

24. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

We don't have to talk about the marches. They've been documented around the world and back. That he doesn't care to mention them should not surprise anyone.

Trump is only a troll some of the time. The times that should worry his staff --and the Congress-- are the times that he's not trolling, just showing how easily he loses it over minutiae that don't matter. He can be trolled. He's a train wreck of cartoonists' fondest dreams and the State Department's worst nightmares.

25. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

And the media id trolling him now..he had a press conference and used the Sunday talk shows..