Can we buy a new ATT iPhone 6 from Apple w/o contract extension?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Newtons Apple, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Just like it says I do not want to extend my contrract and do not want to do Next, I just want to buy a new 6 at full price!:apple:

2. theBigD23 macrumors 6502a

I bought the 5s with the TMobile version. It's the exact same thing and you can buy it unlocked the first day for full retail.

3. Newtons Apple thread starter macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

I do not want a T-Moble version.

I want a iPhone 6 with 128GB for AT&T and am will to pay full price for it!:apple:

4. theBigD23 macrumors 6502a

Huh? What's the difference? It's the EXACT same phone. Nothing is different. There's no branding, it's just allocation for one company vs. another AND it's unlocked.

If you want AT&T, then just wait a month when you can buy the full priced version. If it's like the 5s, they won't sell it like that for a month after release.

5. Newtons Apple thread starter macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

LOL! I think YOU are confused.

Maybe you need to relax and and calm down.

The full priced version is a phone when you want no contract. I think you are thinking UNLOCKED. I could care less about getting an unlocked version.

And yes I know about T-Mo version.

6. Raptura macrumors 6502

Raptura

What you're thinking and what he's mentioning are one and the same.

7. Newtons Apple thread starter macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

No.

A "full priced" ATT iPhone 6 will out a contract not be unlocked. You are just paying full price because you are not extending your contract.

A "UNLOCKED" ATT phone will likely not even be available for weeks or months if it is the same as pass iPhone introductions.

I could care less about a T-Mo phone, period.

8. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

The unlocked version for T-Mobile is an unlocked GSM phone that works on AT&T. In fact, it is the SAME EXACT HARDWARE that you'd be buying if you bought an iPhone for AT&T. So, as long as pre-ordering the "T-Mobile" version doesn't require you to actually sign a service commitment with T-Mobile (which I'm pretty sure the whole point is for it to be contract free), then you can just swap out the SIM and use it on AT&T. Sounds exactly like what you're looking for, it's just allocated/marketed weirdly.