Can we expect real world reviews of the rMB before april the 10th ?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by artivideo.nl, Mar 15, 2015.

1. artivideo.nl macrumors 6502

artivideo.nl

2. drewsof07 macrumors 68000

drewsof07

Expect a review from Macworld & WSJ, they usually get their hands on prerelease goodies. But there will probably not be many objective reviews until after the release.

3. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68000

PBG4 Dude

Figure Pogue and Mossberg will have reviews out the week of release. Not sure who else will get review units.

4. Traverse macrumors 603

Traverse

And you'll want to wait for reviews from sites like Andatech and Ars Technia for "real" reviews. Sites like the Verge or iMore will just go on and on about how perfect it is.

I'm really interested in it, but I want some real reviews.

5. pasadena macrumors 6502a

pasadena

Has Anandtech published their review of the riMac yet ?

6. PDFierro macrumors 68040

That could take awhile, though. Me personally, I'm not waiting for reviews. I'll buy it April 10th and try it out myself.

7. Phightinphils macrumors 6502

Phightinphils

TechnoBuffalo almost always has apple products a week before launch. Along with other big guns like UnboxTherapy but I may be mistaken.

8. LadyX macrumors 68020

LadyX

If I recall correctly, they didn't with the iPhone 6.

9. newellj macrumors 601

At the end of the day, that's the only review that really matters. I have reservations about the CPU, the ports and the screen size, but no amount of reviews, even from places like re/code and Ars, is going to tell me if this will work for _me_. I am leaning toward buying one, doing my best to figure it out within the return period, and if it is still here on day 16 taking some comfort from the fact that the resale value should be quite good.

10. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68000

PBG4 Dude

To me, Verge articles almost always read like an intro to the real article, that unfortunately doesn't exist. :(

11. Elise macrumors 6502

I hope so, I'm not going to buy it at launch, I want to read both professional reviews and user reviews also. If all's good I'll buy it at the end of April.

12. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

There`s enough reviews out there on Windows based Core M ultrabooks to get a reasonable indication of the new Mackbook`s abilities. Apple should able to squeeze more performance, equally I am not expecting too much at this juncture.

Push the MBr hard it will likely throttle, to what extent remains to be seen, nor will it be big on multitasking. Hopefully Apple have worked out ways to get the best from the platform, equally it doesn't need to slay the high end MBP`s, just needs to be powerful enough to get the job done.

Q-6

13. baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

There has already been a review of the Macbook. I recall the article saying that the keyboard is very different from what we are used to. There is less travel - a whole different feel to it. Some may like it some may not. Wait and see for yourself. Make up your own mind when it's released rather than waiting for a review.

14. PDFierro macrumors 68040

That's not a review. There's been a bunch of hands-on reviews, which is not what people are looking for. Many mainly want to hear about the performance of the Core M.

15. Elise macrumors 6502

Yes this was my biggest concern more than anything else. Will simply have to try it and see...

16. newellj macrumors 601

There are real reviews of other Core M machines, but that comparison only goes so far. In the end I think Elise is right: buy and try, return if it doesn't work out. This is such a completely different product that I I think a lot of people probably can't reliably extrapolate from prior notebook experiences, spec sheets or even good third party reviews.