iPad Can we take the time to appreciate the battery in this thing?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by fel10, Jan 4, 2014.

1. fel10 macrumors 68000

fel10

I've been playing games, listening to Spotify and doing a lot of browsing, and I haven't charged my iPad in almost a week. This is amazing. I hope apple can make a battery for next gen's iPhone as amazing as this one.

[​IMG]

2. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

3. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I charge my iPad every other day. It's awesome. People are so busy complaining about the iPhone battery they don't see the iPads battery.

4. ant69 macrumors regular

ant69

Definitely agree!!! The best I've had was 13 hours usage on my ipad mini retina :) much better than expected!!!

Ant

5. GoingDark macrumors 6502

My rMini is the first device I've had in years that I didn't have to charge every single day. It really is incredible that even with moderate to heavy usage, I still only have to charge it twice a week.

Now if only someone would come out with a phone that lasted a full day...

6. joeblow7777 macrumors 68040

You must use your phone pretty heavily if it doesn't last a day. My 5s usually gets over 9 hours of use plus up to 2 days of stand by on a full charge, but usage for me is usually just some web surfing, youtube, texting, and quick calls.

7. Jasonkrick macrumors member

My rMini lasts me an entire day. Which is excellent.

But my iPhone 5 needs a charge in the middle of the day and a religious nightly charge. I am a heavy phone user and data pig at about 12 gig a month.

I can get 2 days of use on my Air since I now split the usage with the rMini.

8. seble macrumors 6502a

The 5S battery is no comparison to the ipad no way. With my ipad present I can make my phone finish the day with about 10%, since my ipad has been repaired for the last 2 weeks it's required charging twice a day from the extra use!

9. deluxeshredder macrumors 6502a

Many modern Android flagships last a full day of moderate usage.

10. osofast240sx macrumors 68030

osofast240sx

Which ones? The rMini and rAir has been specifically praised for its battery life through the tech community. Have not seen this for any android device.

11. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

If there is one area that apple has down to perfection it's the battery in these iPads. Whatever they are doing....keep doing it! :)

12. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

Well the Galaxy note 2 and 3 are reported to have excellent battery lives. In my own experience only the S4 has a decent/good battery life out of all the Android devices I've used. However even the s4 cannot hold a candle to the battery life on my iPad mini. Even with heavy usage I get at least 2 days from a single charge. I often get a week on a charge. Another impressive thing is that it only has minimal discharge when in standby. I often have no battery discharge over night. On my Android devices I have at least 10 % battery loss overnight, sometimes it can be up to 30 %.

13. DaCurmudgen macrumors regular

The battery is awesome

I am still amazed at my rMini battery. It handled a full day (7 hours) of my 6 year-old using it for games and videos, and then another 3 hours of my use writing music. It was still 29% when I decided to charge it up. I am consistently amazed at how long I can have it in standy and then heavy usage before needing to charge it again. One of the best things about the new iPads.

14. smooth macrumors 6502

smooth

My iPad 3 still has great battery life. However my iPhone 5 battery life sucks. One reason I hope the next iPhone is larger so the battery can be larger. I charge that thing every night and sometimes it doesn't make it til nighttime

15. Pipper99 macrumors 68000

Pipper99

My retina mini from my last charge

Attached Files:

16. quamsi macrumors regular

I have read a lot of threads where people claim an incredible 15+ hr battery life. I am getting quite a bit less with about 10-12 hrs moderate usage. Brightness around 40%, cellular turned off, wifi on, most other things switched off like Bluetooth and app refresh. I mainly web browse with a little light gaming here and there. I think the only way I could bet extremely high hours is by mainly streaming radio with the screen turned off.

17. Closingracer macrumors 68000

I am an android user and prefer Android but the 2 reasons why I chose an ipad over an android tablet because A) the battery life is fantastic and B) More optimized tablet apps. One of the first things I noticed when I bought my ipad air is that the battery life is amazing

IPhone batteries leave a lot to be desired though ... with it's 1450 mah battery ( Last time I checked was for the iPhone 4)

18. Atrin1 macrumors regular

at what percentage do you plug it in and let it charge? i feel like i'm plugging mine in while it still has lots of juice. usually charge it when its at 20%

19. knguye11 macrumors newbie

knguye11

I depleted my once a month and recharge at bwt 10-20% in normal use. This also help battery juice longer.

20. AppleWarMachine macrumors 6502a

AppleWarMachine

21. RebornProphet Suspended

I can't help but smirk when I hear people say, "I hope Apple can make a battery for iPhone that's as good as iPad".

The reason the iPad has better battery life is because it's a substantially larger physical device so has a physically larger battery. Bigger battery equals more battery life. The iPhone is a smaller device with a smaller battery, which means less battery life.

22. Batavian macrumors 6502

Batavian

23. Mak47 macrumors 6502a

I'm thrilled with the battery life on my air so far. I'm getting anywhere from 15-20 hours of usage time and 10-15 days between charges. I've been charging at about 10-15%.

My normal usage is about 1-2 hours per day of web browsing, reading, email etc. it burns a bit faster if I do any gaming or lots of photo editing. GarageBand also drains it more rapidly but still, the overall times seem to hold true.

Users who just use their iPads for casual tasks will certainly see the high end of my battery experience.