Can you activate 2 iphone 4s's on 1 line

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by amortys, Nov 23, 2011.

1. amortys macrumors newbie

I ordered an iphone 4s from AT&T with the 2 week wait time. In the mean time I went into a non corporate AT&T store and they had 1 in stock. They told me to call att and cancel my online order and it would free the system up so I could buy it in store. I called and att said that my order was cancelled. I activated the the in store phone and all was good. A week later my original ordered iphone came in the mail. I want to know if I can activate this phone by replacing the sim on the new phone and use it with another iphone 4 sim on my contract that's not available for an upgrade now or return the phone to the store?

2. dave006 macrumors 68030

dave006

Short answer is Yes it will physically work, however please keep reading...

You want to check on the terms of your contract terms with the agent store to understand any risks of a charge for any changes to your plan that might impact their commission. Please read the paperwork that you received from the agent store. Many agents require you to pay a $180 fee if you make any changes before 6 months of service are complete. Again, this is to protect their commission. :eek:

The phone that was ordered from AT&T can be used without activating it on the line that it was ordered against. Just take your current active iPhone 4 Micro-SIM from your "other" line on your contract and you are all set. However, again please note that AT&T activated a new contract on line before they shipped the iPhone 4S.

Dave