Can you believe this?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by satcomer, Jun 25, 2012.

1. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Utterly disgusting....As if the loss of her son wasn't enough. I'm lost for words.:mad:

3. Happybunny, Jun 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2012

Happybunny macrumors 68000

Perhaps one of those "Only in America" moments.:(

When I read articles like this I am so thankful that I live in a civilized country. We might not be able to destroy the world eight times over, but we try to treat our citizens, with respect and dignity.

4. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Hard to believe the USA is a western country sometimes... Glad I don't live there, seems to be getting more f'd up every day!

5. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

It's things like this that make me think twice about coming home. A buddy of mine left the UK late last year and returned to PA where he grew up and where his folks are. I got an email from him yesterday telling me that he's coming back to the UK....I want to return but every time I read S*** like this it makes me wonder.

6. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Mmm... To me the U.K, New Zealand, Australia etc are all pretty similar countries, however the U.S seems to have a weird twist to it - Like how men have to sign up to the selective service before they're 25 or they'll go to jail or something ridiculous like that. That in schools the little 12 yr old pricks have all the power, the staff unable to discipline them properly for fear of lawsuits. All the redneck attacks on gays. Etc etc etc... The U.S seems... different... than the rest of us, don't you think?

7. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

The dead don't vote (usually), work, or pay income tax.

At that point they are worthless to American society, as presently constituted.

Maybe they need something like pre-paid burial planning, but a deposit to clean up your corpse when you become discarded.

8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Wow that is sad. I can't believe she'd have to go through that.

9. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

lol have you ever set foot inside the US?

10. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I wonder if the fact that the drunk driver was illegal and had no drivers license or insurance had anything to do with it. Good luck getting anything back from someone who isn't even documented in the country.

11. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

The UK is very different from Aus/NZ...