Can you buy an unlocked Verizon iPhone6 from an Apple Store..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by EdT, Oct 17, 2014.

1. EdT macrumors 6502a

EdT

Or do you need to go to a Verizon store? I have an unlimited plan and I think it would be cheaper for me to just stay on that plan and buy the phone out-right.

I have seen a lot of people talking about having extra lines (I don't) and buying a T-Mobile phone but then don't you still need a Verizon SIM? I have an iPhone 4s, and I really don't want to do shell games at the Verizon store trying to keep my current plan. I chatted online with Verizon and was shown how and where to order a non-contract phone that would leave my plan intact but when I go to a physical store they say that you can't do it, and in one store I went online and showed them they said it was a mistake and that I still couldn't do it.

So can I buy the phone at an Apple store now and not have to jump through hoops to keep my Verizon plan? I don't want to try buying a T-Mobile phone and then canceling and then trying to transfer then phone to Verizon. I know that for the 5s you could buy the phones from the Apple store after a few months, but I haven't found anything confirming that this will be the case this time, or when it will be possible.

Maybe it isn't worth the unlimited. How much would a plan for 4 apple devices cost, assuming that you wanted around 3 gig for each device? (Verizon only, AT&T and T-Mobile do not have good service in my area)

2. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

Yes just walk into an apple store and tell them you'd like to buy the phone at full price