Can you cancel your DF order if you bought at the Apple Store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MasonMI, Jul 26, 2008.

1. MasonMI macrumors regular

I'm thinking of buying my 16GB iphone in black tommorow at the Apple store since it appears the Apple store is stocked, has anyone ran into any issues of cancelling their DF order at the AT&T? or will it be a problem once i try and buy from the Apple store that i cant since i have a DF order outstanding? I dont want to end up getting stuck with the DF order if i buy from the Apple store.

2. View macrumors regular

I'm not sure, but I don't think it will be a problem when you go buy it at the Apple store.

When I did the DF, they told me if I didn't pick it up within 7 days, the phone will be sent back, and the credit will be refunded to my account.

So, as long as you have another $400 to spare (for a while), then I think there should be no problem.

3. pcorrado macrumors regular

I have read on here that some people have had problems...we got an iPhone yesterday at Apple store for my fiance and we were able to to walk in to the AT&T store where we made the DF and said we didn't want it anymore and they were like no problem...so long as it hasn't shipped you should not have a problem

4. jakeacc macrumors regular

After buying my iPhone from the Apple store, I went to the AT&T to cancel my DF. They wouldn't let me. They said that they have to wait for the phone to ship to the store, then I have to come to the store and cancel it, then they will refund my money, then they will ship the iPhone back to the AT&T factory. It's going to be about 20 days before my iPhone ships as it is backordered. I don't know why they can't just cancel it now and save the time and paperwork. Maybe they get commission or something if it ships and then has to be returned vs. a cancelled order.

All I know is I'm going to have a BIG credit card bill this month. (having to pay for TWO 16 GBs)