Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Del Martes

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 10, 2020
I like the vibrant bands and am considering getting one, but wonder if the watch face of the special edition could be changed.

It would be boring to be stuck to only one face.

This would be my first Apple Watch, so I apologize if this is an obvious question.

Thanks!

JBaby

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2015
I like the vibrant bands and am considering getting one, but wonder if the watch face of the special edition could be changed.

It would be boring to be stuck to only one face.

This would be my first Apple Watch, so I apologize if this is an obvious question.

Thanks!

The watch face is what it is. There are 3 options for the Black Unity face.

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
that one face is what it is, with 3 color options.

you still have access to all the other faces available to all other watches (except for the nike ones)
The unity face is available on all watches. doesn't matter if it's a unity watch, nike or regular
there are a couple nike faces that are only available on the nike watches.

you can buy the unity band and attach it to any watch, you just need to make sure to match the correct size,

one thing to think about, in my opinion the black case matches with fewer band options. the first one I got was black, all others have been "silver"
There are tons of third party bands that work ok and most are under $20
I've got a silver Milanese loop and a black leather band with silver hardware that I use occasionally, most of the time it's an apple sport band or braided loop though.

Captain Trips

macrumors 68000
Jun 13, 2020
one thing to think about, in my opinion the black case matches with fewer band options.
The case color and how it matches with watch band colors is definitely something to take into account.

The Unity Apple Watch case color is more a space gray - the material surrounding the digital watch screen and the case is black, though, or at least that is how it looks to me (I have the Unity AW6).

At first I was going to get a Product Red AW6, and I felt the same way about matching band colors. I do like how the space gray will, in my opinion, go with more colors than the red case of the Product red AW6.

So far I have tried the following watch band colors with my Unity AW6:
  • Black with colors in the holes in the band (Nike sports band knockoffs)
  • White with colors in the holes in the band (Nike sports band knockoffs)
  • Red with colors in the holes in the band (Nike sports band knockoffs)
  • Black Unity watch band
I like the black bands (including the Unity band) the best. I didn't think I would like the white bands as much, but the 2 I have do go well with the space gray case. I have a blue and olive green band on order, I am looking forward to see how Weill they match up with the space gray case.

But as long as you like the colors of the watch you get, it is all good. ?

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
the non-metallic cases go well with a variety of the colored sports bands
but for me a non-metallic body with a metallic band looks a bit off. (like a black/grey body with a silver Milanese loop)

Always on display helps this a bit, but metallic makes it look less like a giant black slab on your wrist.

But that's me and everyone's taste is different, just want to make sure others consider all the options before buying.

*non-metallic and metallic refer to the color, not the actual material.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.