Can you change your color out iphone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chrisfromalbany, Sep 18, 2012.

1. chrisfromalbany macrumors 6502

In the Pocket Lint review they mention the wear.
    http://www.pocket-lint.com/review/59...5-phone-review

Specifically they stated:

"Ditching the glass back and reducing the thickness of the glass panel on the front has affected the design of the metal band around the edge of the iPhone. It is now chamfered and while that looks pretty, we've already noticed that on the black model the edge has started to wear, revealing the shiny silver aluminium metal underneath the "slate" coloured coating and, indeed, we've witnessed it on two separate models, ruling out a fluke manufacturing error."

In light of this is possible to get a black on in mail and goto the Apple store a swap out for white? Obliviously this can't be done right away due to stores being sold out but just weighing my options.. And yea wait see more reviews but this isn't a good sign.

2. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

One of the other reviews said that the silver does get marks as well, just not quite as noticeable.

I'll be using a case on mine (black) and will just see how it goes. If after a couple of weeks I'm seeing wear and tear, I'll exchange for the white one.

3. rsnc macrumors regular

4. chrisfromalbany thread starter macrumors 6502

thats my thoughts.. I don't abuse my phone either but I know with iphone 4S there are marks on sides very small not noticeable but is all black they look much worst coming off as silver looking.

----------

you figured there be a discussion or figured the black side would wear?

5. nostresshere macrumors 68030

6. chrisfromalbany thread starter macrumors 6502

only wish be that easy...:)

----------

guess you got 30 days to decide then.. from what I am hearing.. if you don't like the black..