Can you do me a favour, if you have an A1048 Apple Keyboard...

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Xandros, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Xandros macrumors regular

Turn it upsidedown and look at the back, find all the writing like the model number and what have you and find the date and post it here. I'm interested to know what years are on these keyboards. Many thanks.

2. dyn macrumors 68030

You can look this kind of info up in a tool called MacTracker. It reports that this type of keyboard was introduced in May 2003 and discontinued in August 2007. The system requirements are a Mac with usb port and OS 9.0.4 or later.

3. Xandros, Mar 20, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2012

Xandros thread starter macrumors regular

Well, thank you but my request still stands, as I have no real interest in knowing when it was introduced or discontinued as I already knew this information. I just want to know the years on the back of the keyboards people have.

Ultimately, I just want to know if the keyboards had the year incremented. The board was released in 2003 for instance, I just want to know if someone bought one in 2004 it'd have 2004 stamped on the back or if it'd still have 2003 on it. I know, I know it's utterly insane and logically thinking you'd expect if the board was made in 2004 it would have 2004 on the back, or if it was made in 2005 it'd have 2005 on the back, but I just want to be sure.

4. dyn macrumors 68030

Ah, that is indeed not covered by MacTracker :) Had a look under my keyboards and my A1048 has a copyright for 2005 but I bought it in December 2006. That might also be because of the shops own supply though. I don't think it says all that much about what you want to know. Not very helpful I know :eek:

5. Xandros thread starter macrumors regular

That is helpful as odd as it may seem. I could still do with at least two or three more nice people to also chip in... Seriously even if you got the keyboard with an older Mac or it was given to you, or you bought it off eBay, I don't care, just tell me the date on the back please!

6. shrx macrumors newbie