Can you do more than one exchange/return of 6/6+ at Apple Store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by grtwhtsk, Oct 6, 2014.

1. grtwhtsk macrumors newbie

Are refunds/exchanges at the Apple Store limited to just one in the 14 days? I know that is how it works at Verizon, but wasn't sure about Apple. I purchased a 6+, thought it too big after too short a time, and ran to the 6. Now I am missing the 6+ and wondering if I might be able to return/exchange again.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks all.

2. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

You should be fine getting it exchanged again. There is no limit.

3. grtwhtsk thread starter macrumors newbie

Anyone here done more than one return/exchange on the 6 or 6+? Assuming I can do so, think telling the wife will be the more intimidating part of the process. :eek:

4. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Maybe I can share my experience with my returns/exchanges at the apple store.

Bought a 6 Plus on launch day, returned it on the 29th, and bought another one (exchanged). On the 30th, I bought another one and returned the one I purchased on the 29th. No issues, No questions asked.

In the past I did the same thing with the iPad mini retina display as well. Return/exchange/return/exchange.

This is due to being not satisfied with the screen but I eventually gave up on it.

5. grtwhtsk thread starter macrumors newbie

Do the returns/exchanges reset the upgrade eligibility with the carrier, or does that become a hassle/problem with multiple returns/exchanges?

6. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

The returns/exchanges does reset the upgrade eligibility. Usually it takes affect right away to a few days. You can probably check your account while apple process the return.

However, the second time I returned the device, my eligibility didn't reset right away and I'm still waiting on Apple to reset my eligibility since I purchased at the Apple store. But I ended up buying the phone outright anyways. But I used AT&T Next. AT&T said they won't charge me for the installment since I returned the device that was on Next.

If it ever does become a hassle/problem then you will need to contact Apple and let apple reset the upgrade. For me, AT&T cannot reset my eligibility since I purchased mine at a "Non-Company Owned Store (Apple Store)" and directs me to talk with Apple.

If that happens, you can call your carrier customer care at the Apple store and get your eligibility back.