Can you exchange a RMB for an iMac at the Apple store

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dizzy960, Jan 22, 2013.

1. dizzy960 macrumors newbie

I bought a customised Retina MacBook Pro 15 inch for £2000 back in June and have had numerous problems with the display (image retention) resulting in two replacement screens and a replacement computer and I am still experiencing this issue even worse than before. I'm planning on taking it to the Apple store soon for another genius bar appointment do you think they will let me exchange it for a 27 inch iMac of the same price if I ask, as i'v had so many issues with my current mac.

2. bogatyr macrumors 65816

Highly unlikely. Never heard of anyone being able to do so in the past. Especially as it is past the return period. The best they might do is replace it with a new identical model.

3. peskaa macrumors 68020

peskaa

Depends on the manager really. I was able to swap an iMac for a Mac Pro several years back, after going through three faulty iMacs in a month (this was the first generation 27"ers). The first thing is to get all sides agreeing that your current rMBP needs replacement again, and then table the idea of a product switch.

4. JeffiJers macrumors 6502a

sell one of us or a non suspecting victim a faulty $$$ computer? :rolleyes:

OP, no harm in asking. hope you get everything figured out

5. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

I would be very surprised if they would do something like that after 7 months

6. rwcooper macrumors newbie

I recently had a MacBook Pro replaced and was given the option of replacing it with a different model. I'd definitely ask about it.

Randy

7. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

I think the OPs standards are probably too high. :rolleyes:

8. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Instead of going into an Apple store, I suggest contacting Applecare support.

Either way though, I really doubt Apple is going to give you credit for a computer purchased so long ago.