Can you follow along on a live blog at an Apple store during a live Keynote?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by horizonflyer, Sep 8, 2012.

1. horizonflyer macrumors newbie

horizonflyer

I've got next week off and was going to follow along on my iphone at my local mall Wednesday for the keynote, then if the new iPhone is available for presale immediately, walk right into my local Apple store and pre-order it. I was curious as to whether or not at the Apple store they would let me follow along on a live blog?

Thanks!

2. Craiger macrumors 6502a

Craiger

They usually let you do whatever as long as you aren't holding up a huge line of people.

I am not sure that they will have a process in place to pre-order in the store though. I think they will just point you to the website. In which case, you should just stay home.

3. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

IF they do a pre-order on the same day as the event, most likely they will start the pre-orders at around 12:01 am, which you can do at home. So definitely not worth going to the mall, as they will likely to tell you that pre-orders won't happen until midnight.

4. kannesss macrumors 6502a

as long as twitter works in the store, you can get a live blog

5. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

So you're bascially asking if an Apple store has internet access? Yes, it does, not sure why you can't do this from home though.

6. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Yes you may, it's easy. Just walk into the Apple store and enjoy :)

7. Cougarcat macrumors 604

I remember the good old days watching the WWDC keynote at the Apple Store, and everyone oohing and ahhing over expose. Too bad they got rid of the theaters.

8. Craiger macrumors 6502a

Craiger

I don't think apple has ever done a 1201 am preorder. Look back at the iPad 3 event and this will probably be similar. Preorders as soon as the site is back. That is the rumor at least.

9. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Do they even take preorders in the store? I thought they were only online. But for the OP, yeah you can follow a live blog in the store, Apple doesn't put in internet filters to stop you.