My faithful laptop died at an "ideal" time -- the middle of February, just before the refresh -- and I'm totally ready for a new MacBook Pro. I am really toying with the idea of ordering it CTO with a solid-state drive. However, I keep turning the issues of size (is the 128GB enough storage?), cost (is a bigger one too much $?), etc., over in my head, and I haven't made up my mind. I need to get my computer and get to work now. I want my SSD, if I get one, to be Apple's. I'm also not looking at an OptiBay solution. I'm set on those (for reasons like possibly exclusive TRIM support, Apple's good customer service when it comes to warranty on the drive, etc., but either way my mind is made up), so even though I know people have great reasons for different approaches, it's helpful if we don't get into a discussion about that. Just to simplify things. I'm wondering if I can order my computer (17") with the basic 750 GB 5400 rpm or 500 GB 7200 rpm drive, and then later on if I decide I want the SSD, get an upgrade from Apple. I feel like trying to decide right now, feeling like I have to decide on the SSD "now or never," and having to commit to a big amount of $, is going to stop me from buying the MBP altogether, any time soon. My question, boiled down: Is it possible to either 1) buy a MacBook Pro without an SSD, and then have Apple swap your hard drive out for an SSD later, down the road, or 2) buy their SSD for installation myself (paying $ for all this, of course). Do they provide that service/drive after purchase? Thanks a lot for your help in advance! I've searched the forums but not found an answer to this specific question, though I found it posed unanswered here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=661567. So maybe this will help more than one person!