Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lrbello

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 31, 2010
SAN DIEGO
I just got an iphone 4 and the network is junk. I have several work tickets and calls into att and can not resolve my drop calls. I just picked up a replacement and dropped a call within 10 min. Then I called customer service and dropped again 2 more times. So Can I get out of my contract because AT&T can not fulfill their end. i got the phone on launch day so its been over the 30 days

crawfish963

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2010
Texas
Yes you can. Call AT&T, tell them you want to terminate your contract, then give them $325 which is required as an ETF (early termination fee). Option 2 would be wait out then end of your contract and switch providers. There's no magic fix for this, you're stuck.

iHeartapple2

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2010
I use to have Sprint years ago and I was having all kinds of trouble with the network like you are having. I called tech support twice and they sent me a new phone. Once I got the new phone I still had the same issues and I continued to called tech support daily. They finally escalated my call to someone higher up and that person agreed to terminate my contract without paying the early termination fee. This was Sprint so I am not sure if AT&T will be that kind. I would just keep calling them and complain until they offer you a resolution.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.