Can you get refunded for apps?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by himynameiscody, Dec 18, 2011.

1. himynameiscody macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

If it doesn't perform/work as you thought it would

2. SweetLou122 macrumors regular

I actually think you can there's tips out there, just google it.

3. tonyr6 macrumors 6502a

tonyr6

I bought a few apps that I regret buying because Apple does not let you try the app before buying. Out of the 150 apps I have installed I must have wasted about $20 all together on apps.

4. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Let me rephrase. The insane amount of work you'd likely need to do is not going to make it worth the 99 cents you will get refunded...

5. appleofmy"i" macrumors regular

appleofmy"i"

Guys don't be jerks.....

Under iTunes go to Store-->View My Account-->Purchase History(See All)-->Then Click Report a Problem

6. BiggAW macrumors 68020

Probably if you contact them and are nice enough. I've wasted way more than $20 in the iTunes Store, although maybe not all in apps...

7. BrandoFiasco macrumors member

Generally no, but i had an app refunded once because I accidentally bought a similarly named app, rather than re-downloading the one i previously purchased. Pretty painless.

8. yensteel macrumors regular

If you bought the wrong version, then they would allow you to have a refund.

I bought Quickoffice instead of Quickoffice HD accidentally (Thought it was for both iPad and iPhone) and requested for a refund, which took about a week for their reply. I told them that I bought the HD soon afterwards after realizing the mistake.

There's a couple of guides on the internet, which lists situations where they'll be more forgiving.

9. borisiii macrumors 6502

If it doesn't work (crashes constantly or advertised features are missing/don't work) then you should have no problem getting a refund. If you just don't like it, you might get lucky, but you might be refused - it's down to the individual agent who handles your case.

I really think the app store should introduce the Android system for purchased apps - you buy it, and if you decide within 15 minutes that you don't like it, go back to the app market, hit refund, and the app is deleted and you aren't charged. I'm a bit of a tightwad when it comes to paying for apps, and I often don't by apps in case they turn out disappointing and I feel like I wasted my money. If apple introduced that system, I would buy a lot more apps (and probably end up keeping the vast majority). That way I would end up with lots more cool apps, developers would get more revenue and continue producing high quality apps, and of course Apple would get its 30%.

10. ZipZap macrumors 601

I would say, you should not pay for anything you are not happy with. Apple's customer satisfaction should extend to the apps they sell.

11. SDColorado macrumors 65816

SDColorado

I have asked for a refund a couple of times, when the app simply hasn't worked, and I have been refunded. But it has only been twice I have asked. I don't know if there is a check to see if you habitually request refunds, or if they just take your word for it.