Can you guys/girls answer some questions about updating for me please?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Jazzandmetal?, Oct 12, 2009.

1. Jazzandmetal? macrumors regular

1. Is it necessary to restore as new when doing updates?

2. I have my email on my phone set to manual. After updating, my mail appeared to have been fetched automatically as new messages appeared but no settings changed.

3. Iphone2,1_3.1_7C144_Restore.ipsw appeared in my trash. Is that normal and what is it?

4. I turned my phone off after the update and then turned it back on. My battery meter went from 91% to 94%...unless my eyes were playing tricks on me. I have not had previous battery issues.

Thanks for your time and answers.:)

2. Ace134blue macrumors 6502a

Ace134blue

1. No

2. Whats the question?

3. Its just a backup file from when you updated to 3.1.2

4. If it was connected to itunes than its fine, if not i wouldn't worry about it anyways

3. Jazzandmetal? thread starter macrumors regular

LOL. Oops. I was wondering if that was normal and why it happened. Should have posted in the form of a question I guess.:rolleyes:

It wasn't connected to itunes. I unplugged the phone from my computer and it was 91. Turned it off for a minute or so and it was at 94.

4. Ace134blue macrumors 6502a

Ace134blue

It happens sometimes, i wouldnt worry about it.
    Did you calibrate your battery when you got it?

5. Jazzandmetal? thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, the third or fourth day I had it. About to do it again over the next few days. Charging now. I don't use my phone as much as a lot of people, so it takes 2-3 days to drain all the way.

6. Ace134blue macrumors 6502a

Ace134blue

Yeah, i just sat there watching youtube videos wth brightness all the way up