Can you guys help me for a minute? Just have a question. (School Paper on Apple)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by chitownjb3, Apr 9, 2007.

1. chitownjb3 macrumors newbie

i have a small paper to write for school and i need some opinions. basically i have to write a eulogy for a brand (advertising class). ive picked apple. so my question is. what would you all do if apple had "died." say whatever is on your mind. i would really appreciate this. if you feel comfortable leaving your first name and email or IM address go ahead. it will just help my teacher see i actually took some time to do some sort of research.

thanks for you help,
    Johnny B

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I would go with... get a Thinkpad, move on with my life. It wouldn't be as stylish, computing wouldn't be as fun, and I wouldn't have the community (which is the biggest reason I got a Mac). But otherwise my life would not be tres different.

4. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Go get as much money as I could...and buy maxed out Mac Pro and MacBook Pro(assuming your talking about if they died today, or are you talking about when they looked like it was possible?)

I'd use those Mac until they were crap, then buy either a Sony laptop(one those sub notebook one, real low power, super small) or ThinkPad..and most likely use Ubuntu.

5. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Ctrl-Alt-Del - Verb Tense Agreement, please restart your question.

Move "would have done" to align with "had died", or consider reconciling future tense, "will do", to align with speculative, present/future, "if Apple dies?".

Had Apple died, what would you have done? What will you do if Apple dies?

Now, having arranged and reconciled the wording of the question(s), the answer would be, "I don't know".

It seems the question itself is more susceptible to eulogizing.

6. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I'd use my Mac until it would be unbearable to run programs on, and then I'd probably just build a computer and use Linux (Maybe Ubuntu or Suse).

7. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

I'd just get a PC. Life goes on, even though it would really really suck now.

8. Irish1978 macrumors member

Irish1978

I would at least somehow build a PC in my Mac Pro tower, that way I could look good while I used Windows Blista. :(

9. furious macrumors 65816

furious

Well I will help you.

I would spend one or two paragraphs stating the high points in Apples history. Then I would spend one or two paragraphs on my relationship stating the fun we had. Then finish with a paragraph about how Apples legacy will live on in sprit.

10. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

You might want do a little research into the Amiga. Fans of this platform did not stop using their computers just because Commodore went belly-up in 1994. In fact they carried on in strength for a least a decade.

11. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    I miss my Amiga.

If Apple died the Amiga would have survived. Then you would have seen some seriously sweet OS eye candy.

The guru is meditating... :)

Or Be would have survived and it would have been a lightning fast rock stable machine.