Can you have an iPhone in NJ, and an iPhone in VA on same AT&T Family plan?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by todd2000, Jan 21, 2012.

1. todd2000 macrumors 68000

My friend wants to add me to his Family plan... He lives in NJ, and Im in VA. Is that possible? I asked someone who works at the AT&T store and at the Apple store, and they both said all he has to do is go online and add me as a user to his account. I searched around a bit and some places say it depends on wether or not we are in the same "billing zone" or something like that, but some of those pages were old. So whats the deal? Anyone doing this?

Also is it possible to split the bills? I assume he would have to pay the whole thing and I would just pay him, but just curious...

2. Ksizzle9 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

To make it short, yes.

3. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

I do it on Sprint, have 2 phones in WA and one back in MD.

4. todd2000 thread starter macrumors 68000

I assume that is to both my questions?

5. Laurido92 macrumors newbie

you should be able able to. we did that with my in laws. we wanted to add my son to our plan but if we did he would only get the 2GB data cap. he wouldn't be grandfathered into our unlimited data plan. They have Sprint and get the unlimited plan. They are in Texas and we are in Tennessee and we didn't have any problems.