Can you just go to sleep... or do you have to set up a sleep schedule on the Apple Watch?

RedlegsFan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
I have installed the beta and I would like to use Sleep tracking like I have with my old Fitbit and Apple Watch third party apps. I would prefer to just wear it to bed and have it detect automatically when I fall asleep and wake up. If you turn off sleep schedule and the alarm features, will it still track your sleep or do these options have to stay on? Thanks!

RedlegsFan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
I set up sleep mode to turn automatically... and turned on sleep tracking in the settings. I even turned on sleep mode before I went to bed just to be certain.... woke up and sleep tracking did not occur..... I did not set up a sleep schedule because I just want it to track sleep, I don’t have a set schedule these days. Any advice to get this thing working ?

itsmilo

macrumors 68040
Sep 15, 2016
Europe
I just tap the new sleep icon in the control center of the Apple Watch and tap it again when I wake up. It’s working fine for me without a scheduled sleep pattern. It takes a few minutes to sync back to the health app on my iPhone though

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.