Can you organize the photos to new albums?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by TimothyB, Jul 12, 2008.

1. TimothyB macrumors 6502a

I was taking photos of my family for contacts. They show in camera roll album.

There doesn't seem to be any option to create new albums folders, or even move a photo to another album if there was another.

I'd want all the contact photos to be in a separate album, labeled something like Contacts.

Can this be done through iTunes, or exploring the directory in Vista? I'm going to double check if the Camera app has any album controls.

2. Reefbone macrumors regular

3. TimothyB thread starter macrumors 6502a

I didn't find any options.

People say on Macs to use iPhoto, but one guy had an issue where all his albums showed up as one.

I'm on PC, so I don't have that. Instead, in the iPhone options in iTunes, I went to the syncing options for Photos and enabled it to sync with my PC. I changed the folder from the default pictures folder to a new one where I had a fresh start. There, I think any photos placed there in folders will show up as albums in your next sync.

So I created a folder for my recent iPhone camera stills, then manually took the photos off the iPhone and placed them on the PC, then after syncing, they showed up on the iPhone again, but this time in an ablum I personally named.

4. Reefbone macrumors regular

I did this and it worked.. thanks. I just expected to be able to move a photo to a folder without transfering it to a PC first. I see the old iPhones worked this way as well. I'm just a newb. : )

5. TimothyB thread starter macrumors 6502a

Maybe someone can develop a photo organization app so you can adjust things on the go.

6. Rom57 macrumors newbie

Photo-Sort

It is thing done. Look at this application: Photo-Sort