Can you pay full price when using in store pickup?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Shockwave78, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

So I am switching to AT&T and need to move a few lines over.

I have the initial line already setup on my gold 64gb :)

When purchasing online for in store pickup i can't remember whether or not there was an option to pay full price for the phone. I also remember someone saying here on the forum that they could not do that. But what they did was add a line of service with the subsidized price for in store pickup, go to the store, wait for the apple employee to activate the phone/take it out of the box and then tell them you want to pay full price for it.

Can anyone confirm this will work or not if the option to not pay full price on the website for in store pickup is not there? The main reason i want to do this is because i can sell the other two iPhone 5's i have for about $350-$400. I would rather pay full price for the 5s and save those two subsidized prices for the iPhone 6.

2. Brian Y macrumors 68040

3. Shockwave78 thread starter macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

The store's know nothing...

4. kapalua12 macrumors 6502

That's a good idea but how do you sell those original 2 5S phones if they are already on new contracts? You would be held to the monthly contract fee or have to pay an ETF for each phone.

5. Brian Y macrumors 68040

The stores know what they can and can't do. If they didn't know, how can they do it?

6. Shockwave78 thread starter macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

No not 5s's ...IPHONE 5...

I have 4 on Verizon, i don't need them anymore so i am selling them. No reason to use a subsidized price with AT&T when i can pay for them outright after selling all the 5's and just add a couple hundred for full retail.