Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hellomoto4

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Australia
Today, I was bluetooth'd a video from my friend via iBluetooth.
As I was at school, I wanted to show some other friends that hadn't seen it yet, but I was unable to show it to them.

I was thinking, is it actually possible to view videos that have been sent from another phone?

I tried saving in var/mobile/media/videos (where cycorder saves videos) but it didn't display the video, most likely because it was .3gp not the default .mov that cycorder uses.

The only way I could think of it to save it in var/mobile/media/videos and then SSH from iPhone to computer, then sync through iTunes. If there is an easier way please help me!!

Thanks

iPhone-power

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2009
Today, I was bluetooth'd a video from my friend via iBluetooth.
As I was at school, I wanted to show some other friends that hadn't seen it yet, but I was unable to show it to them.

I was thinking, is it actually possible to view videos that have been sent from another phone?

I tried saving in var/mobile/media/videos (where cycorder saves videos) but it didn't display the video, most likely because it was .3gp not the default .mov that cycorder uses.

The only way I could think of it to save it in var/mobile/media/videos and then SSH from iPhone to computer, then sync through iTunes. If there is an easier way please help me!!

Thanks

When a .3gp video is sent via MMS, the iphone will play it (at least 3GS will). Not sure if the phone will play it outside of the Mobile Messaging app.

hellomoto4

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Australia
Thanks for all the ideas but iFile from Cydia can both search through directories as well as play movies etc :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.