Can you Pre-Order in Store w/o 15 minute demo or Appointment?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by dsa420, Mar 26, 2015.

1. dsa420 macrumors 6502

I know the process for pre-ordering online and in store is still highly speculative but thought I would lobby the question any how.

Let's say I already know which watch I want and don't need to do the 15 minute demo. Can any rep in the store just place my pre-order so as to avoid having to fight for a reservation, etc? My suspicion is that only the designated "watch reps" will be able to take the pre-orders.

Since I am a business customer I also sent an email to the business team to see if I can get some more insight from those guys.

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

An appointment is beneficial but not required.

You will also be able to place your order online or using the Apple Store app, no need to even go to an Apple Store.

3. betabeta macrumors 6502a

Absolutely, many live far far away from an :apple:store

4. dsa420 thread starter macrumors 6502

I am going to do an online pre-order just in case but want the instant gratification of picking up in the store on launch day. Will also be picking up new Macbook as well!

5. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Pre-orders begin on April 10th online or in store, appointments are for people who are unsure of what size or style band to order, they will be given 15 minutes to try on different watches to make a decision, after the 15 mins they will have the option to keep their pre-order they placed earlier, change the pre-order or place/cancel an order.

The Apple Watch goes on sale on April 24th but it has not been confirmed if they will allow for in store pickup for the people who pre-ordered.

6. dsa420 thread starter macrumors 6502

7. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

from Apple PR

http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2015/03/09Apple-Watch-Available-in-Nine-Countries-on-April-24.html

8. dsa420 thread starter macrumors 6502

Nice call... Looks like the article I cited is wrong.

9. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Sounds like a person needs to preorder at midnight on the 10th in the style they want, then head over to the Apple store at day to confirm it if they're not sure, and see about modifying that original preorder.

Easy enough. I'll just preorder and pop over to the mall and try on a few watches. Easy peasy.

:)

If the stores are crowded with people wanting to try them on? Oh well. Already preordered. Will wait for it to arrive and exchange it later if I don't like the fit.