Can you preorder on Apple.com if you have a FAN discount?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thehopscotch, Jun 10, 2010.

1. thehopscotch macrumors regular

thehopscotch

I've read threads stating that you can't purchase an iPhone at an Apple store if you have a FAN discount on your iPhone. Most of these were older threads in regards to the 3G and 3GS when I was searching Mroogle.

My question...I have a FAN discount, but I'm planning to preorder my iPhone 4 on June 15 for delivery to my house. Will I have issues ordering from Apple.com? Am I forced to order from AT&T's website unless I cancel my FAN temporarily?

2. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

I pre-ordered last year from Apple with FAN no problem.

3. thehopscotch thread starter macrumors regular

thehopscotch

Ok great to know! Thanks!

All this talk of people cancelling their FANs temporarily had me scared!

4. sarcosis macrumors 6502a

The FAN problem has been solved. I talked to an AT&T rep before the announcement and said I could get it from Apple.com no problem. While it's possible it might have changed since last Saturday, i doubt it. If you are paranoid about it, give 611 a ring and they can give you a firm answer.

5. wickywahwah macrumors regular

anybody with a FAN that gives a data discount order through apple? i would be concerned that if i ordered through apple i would select a certain data plan and not get the discount applied. i know that shouldn't be, but i never misunderestimate the ineptitude of the death star.

6. NoShoreGuy macrumors regular

7. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

The rate plan ordering is tied into AT&T's system, it's no different than buying through them now (if I understand it correctly). I can't speak for the new plans, but I had no problems with the 2 3GSes I bought and having discounts disappearing. Of course you were forced to have an unlimited plan with those. All appropriate discounts have been on my bill every month.

8. dojoman macrumors 65816

9. LAS22 macrumors regular

I hope it to be true that we should not have to temporarily cancel our FAN discount prior to picking up the iPhone 4 for discounts to be carried over.

Wonder why it's still noted in this guide, old info maybe??

iPhone Upgrade Guide: *note 10
    http://guides.macrumors.com/iPhone_Upgrade_Guide