Can you Recommend a laptop cooler/cooling pad for a uMBP 15"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by WareWolf, Jul 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WareWolf macrumors member

Hey guys im looking to buy a good laptop cooler/pad that will help keep the heat down. Do you guys know of any good ones that you could recommend?

There are several things im looking for in the cooling pad:

1st) Its for a 15" MBP
    2nd) I prefer it to be somewhat portable and to be able to put it on my lap if needed (so not too heavy)
    3rd) Usb powered no power cables and stuff
    4th) Good design and performance

Any advice or recommendation would e greatly apreciated

Thxs

2. Snowbound macrumors regular

I spent a long time looking around and eventually ended up with one of these antec coolers: http://www.amazon.com/Antec-Noteboo...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1247141484&sr=8-1

They seemed quite popular, but here are my thoughts. The cooler is well made and feels sturdy. However, the odd way in which the cable runs from the USB port to the cooler means that you are almost guarenteed to block either the 2nd USB port or the FW800 port. Finally, it's smaller than the 15" uMBP which means that the aluminum case is sitting on the aluminum cooler, not the rubber feet. This may or may not be good for cooling, but it makes me worry about scratches.

I would actually recommend one that I used to use a silver zalman one, but the USB connection was on the wrong side, so you would need a longer USB-USB cable than it comes with.

Good luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.