Can you restore as new and upgrade firmware in one step by clicking restore in iTunes

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by g35, Nov 22, 2010.

1. g35 macrumors 6502a

Sorry for another thread but searching turned nothing on this particular question.

I want to use tinyumbrella to retain my baseband while upgrading 4.1 to 4.2.1. I've already saved my blobs. As far as I can tell, I click start TSS server in TU, plug in iPhone, open & click restore in iTunes, and let it download and install 4.2.1 for me, and kick out of recovery using TU if necessary.

My question is when restoring to 4.2.1, does it give you the option to restore as new as it does when doing a normal restore? All the tutorials I've seen don't say anything about this being an option, whereas all the normal restore tutorials mention it as an option.

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

well.... Since 4.2.1 have been live for just over an hour, wouldn't be hard to guess that TiniUmbrella is NOT compatible with it yet. You need to be patient and wait for developer to update theirs applications.

If you go direct to the source, (Tiny Umbrella's Website) you can read the Following:

To answer your question, once you restore, it will always ask you if you want to restore from backup or setup as new (unless you do an "update" them it will not ask you)

3. g35 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oh yeah, I wasn't planning on doing it right now just asking for the future. Thanks for your answer, good to know.