Can you send pictures to Mobile Me Gallery from your iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by nsheikh80, Jul 30, 2008.

1. nsheikh80 macrumors regular

nsheikh80

I still don't get the option to send pictures from my iPhone to Mobile Me galleries. Is anyone else having this problem? Apple has now said that Mobile Me is 100% operational, was this feature just left out?

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

The gallery must have the option to "Add photo by e-mail" turned on. (You can change this when logged in to www.me.com. You CAN'T change the settings in iPhoto. Once you've made it there, iPhoto won't let you access the options again.)

That's how the iPhone does it. It e-mails it after you click the "Send to MobileMe" button. When you click that it looks at your gallery and shows you any albums that have the option to send by e-mail.

Also, I had trouble where I could send to albums on my main gallery page but I COULDN'T send to an album that was hidden from the main page. I think that's a bug as I did do it once, but then that album kept refusing to show up.

Just something else to keep in mind.

3. nsheikh80 thread starter macrumors regular

nsheikh80

Hi, thanks for the info but I don't have the option on the iPhone to Send to Mobile Me. I have a gallery that has adding by email enabled but when I go to my iPhone to upload the only options I'm given are Use as Wallpaper, Email Photo and Assign to Contact.

4. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

You should have 'Send to MobileMe' under those options...strange if you don't. Are you using v2.0 firmware?

5. nsheikh80 thread starter macrumors regular

nsheikh80

Yup, got an iPhone 3G with v2.0

6. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Thanks, your signature confused me there. Have you downloaded the MobileMe updates to your iMac? I don't think they should be necessary to see this functionality on your iPhone, but it might be.

7. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Did you set up your MobileMe Mail on the iPhone? And is it set to sync the other stuff to the phone...Address Book, Calendars...etc?

I don't have answers at this point...I'm just throwing out guesses of the stuff I'd check first.

8. ibennetch macrumors member

Set up MobileMe Mail

Took me a while to figure it out; but you have to enable the MobileMe mail account on your iPhone. You also have to go on me.com from a computer and configure a gallery to receive email posts. Once you enable your MobileMe mail (Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars -> user@me.com -> toggle "Mail" on), you should be able to post directly from the Photos application.

As an alternative, setting up your gallery at me.com to accept mail posts will also provide you with an email address. Add that email address as a contact and you can touch "Email photo" and send it to that contact. It's an extra click, but gets around the requirement to use your Me mail.

Good luck!

9. MrSmith macrumors 68040

MrSmith

10. modernmagic macrumors member

When I send a photo from my iphone to mm it puts it at the beginning of the gallery.

If I add them via iphoto then the photo goes at the end in chronological order.

How can I get the iphone to send it to mm and put it in chronological order?