Can you send pictures to other phones with iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ipodtouchy333, May 4, 2008.

1. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

Hey, I did search for this but couldn't find a specific answer. Can you take a picture with your iphone and then send it to someone else's regular phone? Thanks !

2. 12GA macrumors member

You can email them a photo if you know who their cellphone carrier is. Example: If they have Verizon then you would email the photo to their tel#@vzw.com
    There are other threads about this workaround where some other providers are detailed.

3. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Also, if you jailbreak your phone you can download swirleymms which does that.

4. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

Neither sending to the phone's address or swirlymms work for me.

5. ipodtouchy333 thread starter macrumors 65816

Wow, so much for a top of the line phone. I am not bashing apple in any way as I'm going to get a 3g iphone when they come out. But it will be pretty embarassing when someone asks me to send them a pic on their phone and I say this $500 phone simply can't do that ! Is there any way they could make this happen with the new update and stuff in June ?

6. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

of course. i am sure there would be someone developing a program which would allow you do this. just be patient and in a month or so you shall find out

7. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

you can get pictures you just can't send them.

in my opinion MMS is dumb and useless.

8. 12GA macrumors member

What part of my previous post are you not getting?

9. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

Like the guy above stated, its so easy to just email a photo to someone's cell. And it doesn't cost you a text!

10. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

Don't understand why you'd be embarrassed since there are loads of iPhone features other phones don't have :confused:

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

People expect it to have every feature there is out there. Can't have everything. Maybe in the future they'll add mms thru an update.

12. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

i am HOPING they will add it through an update and NOT require you to purchase a new phone.. that would annoy me.. i held out until now because this was when i NEEDED to either cancel or renew my stupid verizon account.. So i couldnt wait any more.. so many people were talking about march being the month for the iphone 2.. oh well, now they say its JUNE.. whatever..

But so far, the email feature has worked for us to send a picture to a cell phone.

13. infowarfare macrumors 6502

... or maybe in the future all cell phones will have full html email capabilities like the iPhone instead of the outdated mms...

14. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Yes, let's THANK Apple for leaving out basic functionality that even free mobile phones include.

You ≠ the rest of the world.

15. vhl71 macrumors regular

Latest?

Is this possible now? Even with iOS5 it seems like we can't send iPhone pictures to other phones via mms or Bluetooth.any alternatives? Not all my friends phones have email so that's not an option

16. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

What? They've been able to mms for years! If you're sending and they aren't receiving, it's their phone's limitations, not the iPhone.

17. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

You can't send a pic via bluetooth (that I know of), but you can send it via text (MMS).

18. vhl71 macrumors regular

When I send mms to a Nokia or Sony Ericsson from my iPhone, it says error on my iPhone itself. I guess those phones are not mms capable.

Is there a way to send pictures using bluetooth?

19. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

As was stated, no!

20. M Quick macrumors 6502

M Quick

I can send MMS to old sony ericssons and nokias, did it the other day.. I mean really old sony ericssons like the k850i, the more recent SE's should be able for it as well..

MMS works just like any other phone on the iPhone.

21. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

In that case there could be a problem with the carrier MMS setup on your iPhone. You should have the carrier check that out.

But I've been doing it for years now, sending photos to all kinds of other phones,, smart and dumb. Even shared contacts over MMS a couple times. It works fine.

22. amitabhbansal macrumors 6502

i am using iphone 4 and iphone 4s, in starting i was not able to send and receive any mms, but after enable it with my carrier, now i can receive mms and send sms to any phone model.