Can you stream Internet Radio with the iPod Touch with Safari or iTunes WiFi?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by animefx, Oct 1, 2007.

1. animefx macrumors regular

I'm considering buying a iPod Touch tonight from Circuit City, however I was wonder if you could stream any internet radio stations through Safari or the iTunes WiFi store? I remember trying to access di.fm on an iPhone and nothing worked.

Also would it be possible to access your iTunes library from your home PC or Mac with the iPod Touch using WiFi?

2. EssentialParado macrumors 65816

Hmm… I thought it would be quite easy to get the mp3 link but I'm wrong. Usually streaming stations just have a .mp3 file. Yet di.fm links look like: http://scfire-nyk-aa03.stream.aol.com:80/stream/1003

I have no idea why quicktime reads it but the iPod can't. At the end of the day we're using the same engine on both machines. There must be a way, even if you need to create a proxy page to convert the url.

I'll bookmark this thread and look into it some more. I'm quite the avid listener of di.fm myself :)

3. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

right now, NO

wait two months for hacks, maybe

Hardware/OS potential is there, but apple crippled it so that it looks less competitive to iPhone. Unfortunately, by doing so, its also less competitive to most PDAs right now.