Can you take a sealed Verizon 16GB to an Apple store and .....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ivabign, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Ivabign macrumors 6502

Ivabign

That you bought through Verizon - Exchange for a 32GB unit? If within the 14 day time period....

Also - please confirm that Verizon's 14 day return policy supersedes the Apple 30 day policy - meaning after 14 days with a Verizon phone you are sunk... (even if it is in a sealed box)

Thanks!

2. dave006 macrumors 68020

No you have to return it to Verizon if you purchased it there. Don't wait until the 14th day in your calculation, get it exchanged now at Verizon. :eek:

Dave

3. Ivabign thread starter macrumors 6502

Ivabign

Do you know if I went to a Verizon store whether I could return my iPhone 4 that I received by mail? -

I just am so damned on the fence regarding 16GB/32GB - I know I can manage my music better - my iPhone 4 was 16gb - but I don't want to kick myself down the road....

4. jenzjen macrumors 68000

Why don't you call the store and ask them?

5. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

If you bought a phone from Verizon by mail, you can generally return it at a store. They won't like that you've done that, but it can be done. I've done it before.

To be sure they will do it for you though, call them ASAP. Assume the clock is ticking on the 14 days. DO NOT WAIT.

And yeah, if you're even slightly on the fence about getting a lower capacity model, then it's a good idea to get something bigger.

6. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

I'm almost certain, if you got it through the mail, you'd have to go to a corporate store to return it. That's how AT&T and Sprint do it. Should be the same with Verizon.

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

if you plan to shoot video go for the 32gb 1080p is a storage hog.

8. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

Just get spotify for $9.99 a month....bam! No disk usage for your music.

9. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

God I love these answers. Everybody just assumes we know every stores policy and procedures :confused:

10. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

Go to the Verizon store that next to the Apple store. Ask to trade up there. If they say no, then try the Apple store.

11. digitard macrumors 6502a

digitard

To return/exchange you'll have to return to Verizon if you bought it there. It's a direct retailer exchange. After that "Warranty" stuff can be done at either, but the initial return/exchange has to be through the company of purchase.

Having said that. Verizon has no 32GB iPhone 4S' in stock until mid December so they won't be able to swap it out now. They're sold out. So hit them up and see what they can work out ASAP.

12. labman macrumors 604

labman

No it's just that they are lazy or they hope that we give them away to solve problems they created.

13. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

I was actually being serious but ok. I couldn't agree more.