Can you take a sealed Verizon 16GB to an Apple store and .....

Ivabign

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 27, 2011
SoCal
That you bought through Verizon - Exchange for a 32GB unit? If within the 14 day time period....

Also - please confirm that Verizon's 14 day return policy supersedes the Apple 30 day policy - meaning after 14 days with a Verizon phone you are sunk... (even if it is in a sealed box)

Thanks!

dave006

Contributor
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
No you have to return it to Verizon if you purchased it there. Don't wait until the 14th day in your calculation, get it exchanged now at Verizon. :eek:

Dave

Ivabign

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 27, 2011
SoCal
Do you know if I went to a Verizon store whether I could return my iPhone 4 that I received by mail? -

I just am so damned on the fence regarding 16GB/32GB - I know I can manage my music better - my iPhone 4 was 16gb - but I don't want to kick myself down the road....

jenzjen

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2010
Do you know if I went to a Verizon store whether I could return my iPhone 4 that I received by mail? -

I just am so damned on the fence regarding 16GB/32GB - I know I can manage my music better - my iPhone 4 was 16gb - but I don't want to kick myself down the road....
Why don't you call the store and ask them?

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
If you bought a phone from Verizon by mail, you can generally return it at a store. They won't like that you've done that, but it can be done. I've done it before.

To be sure they will do it for you though, call them ASAP. Assume the clock is ticking on the 14 days. DO NOT WAIT.

And yeah, if you're even slightly on the fence about getting a lower capacity model, then it's a good idea to get something bigger.

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay

I'm almost certain, if you got it through the mail, you'd have to go to a corporate store to return it. That's how AT&T and Sprint do it. Should be the same with Verizon.

mofunk

macrumors 68020
Aug 26, 2009
Americas
Go to the Verizon store that next to the Apple store. Ask to trade up there. If they say no, then try the Apple store.

digitard

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2004
Gilbert, AZ
To return/exchange you'll have to return to Verizon if you bought it there. It's a direct retailer exchange. After that "Warranty" stuff can be done at either, but the initial return/exchange has to be through the company of purchase.

Having said that. Verizon has no 32GB iPhone 4S' in stock until mid December so they won't be able to swap it out now. They're sold out. So hit them up and see what they can work out ASAP.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.