Can you trade a 2nd Gen iPod Touch for the 1st Gen iPod Touch at the Apple store?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by johnnyfranks67, Dec 3, 2008.

1. johnnyfranks67 macrumors member

:apple:
    hey everyone. i have an iPod Touch 2nd gen and i want the 1st gen really bad so i can jailbreak it. anyone know if it's allowed for me to trade my 2nd gen in for the 1st gen? *NO OPINIONS ON THIS POST, i don't care if you think it's a dumb trade, just tell me what you know*

:apple:

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

I really don't think they'll let you do that... or have any stock left with which they could do that.

3. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Probably not. If it's within 14 days of buying it you should be able to take it back, but if it's any longer then you're probably out of luck.

4. johnnyfranks67 thread starter macrumors member

yeah that makes sense.

5. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

I know you asked for no opinions, but that is a very dumb trade. Just wait until the Jailbreaking community finds a way to do it.

6. quick5pnt0 macrumors regular

Why not just find a 1G owner and trade with them? I'm sure there are many many 1G owners who would gladly trade with you.

7. linkycat macrumors member

Seriously - just trade with someone. Go onto craigslist if you are in the US and find any number of people selling their 'near mint' first version. I think you'll not have trouble...

8. cakbar macrumors regular

I don't believe that you will officially be able to swap your Touch in the Apple store. However, it may be worth a try as I'm sure there would be at least one Apple employee in the store that has a 1G Touch that would like to upgrade and may be willing to swap with you. Alternatively, I would just sell the 2G via Craigslist or Ebay, and purchase a refurbished 1G online from the Apple Store. I'm someone that would swap my 1G for a 2G in a heartbeat, however doing so with an unknown person online poses too much risk (no offense) for me.

9. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

best option if its in its 14 days see if u can get money back then go to a tradein place see how much you can get a 1st gen ipod for

10. ThunderBull4 macrumors 6502

If I couldn't jailbreak my ipod touch i would have gotten a classic ipod lol. I dunno about you guys but I'd keep my 1st gen :) i <3 it.

11. liilalex macrumors newbie

Yes i.m me at Liil alex13

yes i have a answer for that just im me at Liilalex13 & ill tell you the answer thank you very much :)

12. blackbelt534 macrumors regular

don't, the iPhone dev team is about to release the 2g iPod touch Jailbreak

13. Manikstor macrumors member

I really dont think the dev team are somewhere near jailbreaking the 2g its gonna be a while until they do.... I love my 1G its siiiiick

14. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

They've jailbroken the 2g, and are currently working on simplifying the process so it can be released to the public.
    http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

15. Kirkafur macrumors member

Yeah, no kidding. I'm a 1G owner and I'd accept a trade. lol

16. chaos.da13 macrumors newbie

I can trade

:apple:ive been looking to trade an ipod touch 1st gen. for a 2nd gen. the only thing is that my head phones dont work and i already jail broke it so tell me wat u think:apple::eek:

17. magicdanw macrumors newbie

It's easy to unjailbreak a device. A full restore from DFU mode will do the trick. But where would you trade the device? And why would anyone care if a 50 cent pair of headphones is broken?

18. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Trading with another person, I hope. Apple will laugh you out of the store if you ask them if you can 'trade in' your iPod.

19. pabloooo macrumors newbie

i have a 1st gen ipod touch jailbroken with the 2.2.1 firmware and i have like three cases and headphones for it and im willing to trade it for a 2nd generation what do you say??

20. piggie123 macrumors newbie

johnnyfranks

ive got a prfectly good ipod touch first gen not jail broken and i want a 2nd gen up for a trade ??????????????????????? reply bak plzzzzzzz

21. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

DUDE. this thread is like 1 year old :mad: