Can you trade in your Ipod after the 14 days are up?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by binrdow, Sep 4, 2010.

1. binrdow macrumors newbie

I just recently bought an Ipod touch (Aug. 4th), and I kept it in its original packaging and never opened it, in expectation of the 4th generation being release soon. (I had to buy I was not aware of the 14 day return policy, and now the apple store says that I cannot return it for the new one. :( However, I have heard many people say that they have been able to do this after the 14 days is up.
    Does anyone know if there is a way to do this? If so, what is your recommendation? All I can think of is calling and complaining until they just say, "FINE!" :p

2. buckawheat macrumors member

It is pretty clear in their returns/refunds policy - No:

"If the item is returnable and you send it back to us unopened in the original box, Apple will offer you a refund based on your original method of payment. You must return the product to the Apple warehouse within 14 calendar days of the issuance of the RMA. All products must be packed in the original, unmarked packaging including any accessories, manuals, documentation, and registration that shipped with the product."

That said, you will get further with an apple store manager being polite and asking nicely than calling and complaining over and over as that is a sure way to get a note in their system. At the end of the day, they are well within their rights to say no.

3. Panther71 macrumors regular

I am curious as to why you would purchase a 3G iPod Touch when you knew a 4G iPod was coming out very soon.

4. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

Try returning it. Tell them it's not the one you wanted.