Can you use other bands on the Sports watch ?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ExcitedFutureWatchOwner, Jul 30, 2016.

1. ExcitedFutureWatchOwner macrumors newbie

I like the steel watch bands but I'm curious, do all bands work on every different Apple Watch ?

2. iChernov macrumors 6502

Yes. But bands with polished steel lugs looks ugly with a matt aluminium casing of the sport watch...

3. Seanm87 macrumors regular

I've seen people do it but it looks ugly as hell and tacky

4. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

The leather loop and nylon bands look fine on the sport watch, the others not so much due to the shiny lugs

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I opted for the black sports watch and that gives me a bit more freedom in selecting different bands, they look a bit better then the brush alu model - at least that's my opinion :)

6. Brenster macrumors 6502a

Mrs has the brown classic leather band on her alu 38mm sport watch. The stainless steel lugs are distinct from the body of the watch but she's happy with it and it doesn't look too shabby at all.

See if you can try out whatever band you're looking at with your Sport watch in store, see what you think.

7. Exinor macrumors member

8. sean000 macrumors 65816

sean000

That's a matter of opinion. I have two third party leather bands and one has stainless steel lugs and the other has a brushed matte finish to match the AWS finish. Of course the matching finish looks more seamless, but I actually like the contrast of the stainless lugs as well.

These days most third party straps let you choose lugs to match the finish of any Apple Watch or AWS finish.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 4, 2016 ---
    All Apple Watch models use the same attachment for bands/straps, but not all of them come in both 38mm and 42mm sizes. Apple's Leather Loop is only available in 42mm, but you can get very nice third party knockoffs in either size for a fraction of the price.

The lug finish is another thing to be aware of. If you want the band's lugs and buckles to match the finish of your Apple Watch Sport you may need to look to third party bands. I have a brown leather band with hardware that matches my aluminum Sport, but I also have one with stainless lugs. I like them both, but the matching lugs do look cleaner.

Sean