Can you use T-Mobile (Contract-free) iPhone 6 with Verizon?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacKid1983, Oct 2, 2014.

1. MacKid1983 macrumors 6502

MacKid1983

Can you use T-Mobile (Contract-free) iPhone 6 with Verizon? Trying to help a friend get one asap, she wanted one and figured that would be the fastest.

2. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

If she already has an activated, working nano SIM, then yes. If not, Verizon will put every roadblock possible if you try to activate a new SIM with a non-Verizon device.

3. TouchMint.com macrumors 68000

TouchMint.com

I thought the cellular chip in the tmobile phone was incompatible with Verizons network? just what tmobile told me but who knows (sorry im not too much help haha)

4. Hal~9000, Oct 2, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2014

Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

According to thing thread you can -> http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1793111

At first when I saw it I said "no way, Verizon locks down its CDMA network", but apparently forum members in that thread say they actually get Verizon CDMA with ATT/Tmobile versions...

5. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Well, AT&T and T-Mobile iPad Airs work with Verizon so we kinda already know their CDMA network works with non-Verizon devices. With CDMA only phones, ESN/MEID had to be in their device database so that was their way of locking down. Now that they're allowing SIM cards for authentication on CDMA and LTE, the SIM circumvents the ESN/MEID requirement. A valid ESN/MEID/IMEI is still require for SIM activation but once the SIM is activated, you're good to go.