can you use Teleport (Jaduu VNC) to monitor your home webcam?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ay98182, Aug 22, 2008.

1. ay98182 macrumors member

Hey everyone,

I'm interested in buying Jaduu VNC - however as it's £15, I'd like to know for sure if it does what I want it to, before I make the "no refunds" purchase!

I would use it primarily to keep a watch on my house (and my pet birds) when I'm away for a couple of days. So, using Jaduu VNC on my iPhone, over WiFi (maybe occasionally 3g), can I open up a program like Photo Booth on my MacBook Pro and then view the video feed on my iPhone? Will the refresh rate be good enough to actually see what's going on in the house??

Or, am I better off using something like EvoCam, which is roughly the same price? (although of course the good thing is that I can use Jaduu VNC for other things as well, such as emailing files that I've forgotten to myself etc - plus I could use it to turn off the iSight camera when I'm not using it).

(p.s. on the EvoCam note, does iPhone's Safari support Java-based streaming video? i.e can I watch the EvoCam feed of my webcam on Safari?)

2. ay98182 thread starter macrumors member

in case anyone's interested (which they don't seem to be), here's the (very prompt) reply I got from Jugaari:

"You will be able to view the video feed from your iPhone. However the video may not be very smooth due to network lag.

If you have any problems setting it up, send in an email and we'll figure out a solution.

Jugaari Support"

3. deriko100 macrumors 6502

4. sdsvtdriver macrumors 65816

why don't you just use a webcam that you can access via http from the internet?

5. ay98182 thread starter macrumors member

how do I set that up? Can I do it with the iSight on my MacBook Pro? Sorry, I'm completely new to this!