Can you use the Apple Barclay Card as the Credit Card for the iPhone Upgrade Program?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zacware, Dec 23, 2016.

1. zacware macrumors member

One of our phones just died. Old and out of warranty. I was looking at just buying a new phone outright, as all of our phones are now paid for and I don't want to sign up with AT&T for another 2 years

The iPhone upgrade program looks good BUT, we stopped using Credit Cards a long time ago. We only have debit cards and have 750+ credit scores.

I was thinking I could sign up for the Apple Barclay Card, get an instant decision, and use that as the credit card, but I don't know if you can use that card as it is weird that Apple uses Barclay for the store card and Citizens for the upgrade program.

I tried googling to not avail, and it's Christmas Eve and Apple's chat support is closed right now so I'm posting this simply because I'm trying to resolve it before xmas day....

Thanks in advance for any advice.......

2. keatth macrumors 6502

Yes you can, I did.

3. M5RahuL macrumors 68020

M5RahuL

Yes you can, I did too. Or, any CC/DC for that matter.

4. keatth macrumors 6502

Actually it's only a credit card and it has to have an available balance for at least as much as the full cost of the iPhone. At least that's how it was when it started.