Can you view genre albums in the iPod app?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mlmathews, Mar 10, 2011.

1. mlmathews macrumors member

The iPhone's iPod app allows to select a genre, then list all the albums in the genre. Has anyone discovered a way to do this on the iPad? When you click on a genre on the iPad, you get a little window listing all the songs...which is useless when you have thousands of songs...but I see no way to list the albums. It befuddles me the the iPad's music play capabilities are subpar relative to the iPhone. I assume the missing features were due to the rush to release the device, but 3 OS revs later it still apparently does not have the capability to look at albums by genre. The iPad's iPod app has been so frustrating to me that I just grab my iPhone to listen to music while using the iPad.

2. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

Works on my iPad

This feature works on my iPad and has from the beginning.

3. mlmathews thread starter macrumors member

How do you do it? Please.

4. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

There are five buttons on the bottom of the screen when you are in the iPod app and one is for genre. Select this button and you get what you are looking for.

5. mlmathews thread starter macrumors member

You misunderstood the issue. On the iPhone, when you select a genre..."Rock" for example, you can then select "All Albums" to see a list of just your Rock albums. There is no way to do that on the iPad as far as I can tell, the iPad only let's you list the songs. That's quite annoying when you have a large music library.

6. coderage macrumors newbie

I have the same issue

I have the same frustration...I hope someone has a simple answer.