Can you wear the Apple watch on your right wrist and still use it?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by AJ-THFC, Mar 12, 2015.

1. AJ-THFC macrumors newbie

This could sound like a silly question but i wear my watch on my right wrist even though I'm right handed and from all the pictures/demos I've seen, the watch is being used with the crown and button on the right hand side. If i wore the watch on my right wrist, this would make accessing the controls a little difficult. Does anyone know if you can rotate the watch and use it with the controls on the left hand side?

2. troop231 macrumors 603

Yes, it will work for righties and lefties. There will be an option in settings to correct the screen orientation.

3. AJ-THFC thread starter macrumors newbie

Awesome, thanks for that. I know that was probably a silly question but i wanted to preorder it on the first day and wouldn't be able to not knowing if id be able to actually use it because i couldn't see one before hand

4. docprego macrumors 65816

The only thing to keep in mind is that the digital crown will move down to the lower left and the contact button the upper left. Shouldn't take long to get use to.

5. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

If you start out that way, there won't be any more to get used to than the other way. Neither way is the way we interact with watches now.

6. docprego macrumors 65816

Excellent point. But I was approaching it from the perspective of all the demos having been done in the left wrist orientation. Anyone then wearing it on the right wrist will initially face a tiny bit of unfamiliarity.

7. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

You may be right. Personally I haven't been paying very close attention. I know there's a button, a crown and a touch screen but I really don't know how any operate or what they do.

8. TallManNY macrumors 68040

TallManNY

It seems to me from watching the demos that the crown is used much more than the button. On the right wrist the crown is closer to your left thumb and then your pointing finger and push the button. That seems just as convenient as the set up on the left wrist. It doesn't look quite as nice in my mind though. Crown on the top of button puts the inputs in a priority of their use with the more used input on the top. But since your more agile digit is on the bottom of your hand, I think each orientation has its pros and cons.

9. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Seems? This has been an explicit feature of the Watch since it was first announced months ago. Apple has several videos devoted to the functionality of the Crown.

10. TallManNY macrumors 68040

TallManNY

Yep. But most of the demos have been in crowded rooms with people talking all around. I wonder if in real life Siri becomes MUCH more useful when just a tap or "Hi Siri" away.
    Apple has devoted a big fat button to Siri. And yet the demos we see barely are touching it. It makes me wonder if the reporters have missed something big.