Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LoveToMacRumors, Sep 11, 2017.
Any Canadians here?
Bump. For Canada <3
Maybe we should reminisce about past launches. I still remember at the keynotes getting nervous that Canada wasn't going to be among the launch countries for early iPhones. I think iPhone 4 was the last time that happened.
Canada is probably not a huge market for Apple, sadly
Any ideas as to what plans will be offered on Rogers/Fido? Or what pricing will look like?
I wouldn't be surprised if we get left out of the 'X' launch. Seems really, really limited and maybe only for the US at launch.
Apple would be shooting themselves in the foot. People wait until now to upgrade, if apple disappoints, Samsung will be very willing to lower their prices a bit.
Canada is getting screwed on the exchange rate.. =( Cheaper to buy it in the US and ship it up..
My heart just stopped at the price of the iPhone X in Canada.
64GB - $1319
256GB - $1529
It looks like Apple forgot to look at the exchange rate lately, the Canadian dollar has been going up.
999$ US = 1216$ CAD at today's rate
So we get to pay an extra 100$ for nothing.
With the tax, i'm going to be paying over 2k if i go for the 256 GB
Yeah here in Ontario I'd be paying $1727 for the 256GB, but 64GB is too small for me.
I was fully prepared to pay for a $1000-1100USD iPhone based on the recent exchange rates, but whatever math Apple is doing to arrive at this inflated Canadian price makes it hard to swallow. I don't know if I can justify spending that much on a phone. This is verging on MacBook prices now.
Add an apple care +, 249 CDN, and it's 2k
I expected 1250 for 64. They are following much older exchange rates. It's not right but trying to buy from USA will be extremely hard and not worth the hassle
I've got AMEX so they double the warranty for free. But yeah, $2K is a lot to spend.
Even the price of the iPhone 8 Plus is more than what I paid for my 7 Plus last year. If my partner didn't need a new phone I think I'd be holding off this year.
So who’s staying up to get an 8/8+ tonight?
I’m skipping this one and going to see how I feel about the price of the X in a month.
Same as you, waiting for the X
I’m skipping this one, keeping my 7 Plus another year as $2000 for the X is way too much.
I would be happy keeping my 7 Plus for another year but my partners 6 Plus is starting to get old and he’s been waiting for me to give him my current phone. If I keep it for another year, he keeps his for another year and I don’t know if it will survive that long.
I don’t really want to get an 8 Plus knowing there is already a better phone out there. I’m going to think about it for the next month and maybe save my pennies just in case.
So um, quick question but why isn't the Canadian pre-order thread pinned like the UK and Australian threads? Us Canadians taking a backseat again?