CANADA — iPhone X — Pre-Orders and Dispatch Thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LoveToMacRumors, Sep 11, 2017.

1. markol macrumors member

Maybe you can do a charge back with your credit card company?

2. Opus00 macrumors member

WOOT...out for delivery to downtown Toronto! Was in the same boat as a few others. Delivery date bounced from Nov 10 to Nov 14 back to EOD Nov 10!

The package was stuck at Korea for couple days. But between yesterday and today, it traveled from Anchorage to Louisville, KY to Mississauga then to Concord...now on truck for delivery. Guess UPS is rushing to catch up on the delay in Korea.

3. NorrisKillsKids macrumors 6502a

same hereeeeeee, just sitting at home hoping UPS doesn't let me down.

4. fate.tw macrumors newbie

Yes, mine was there for more than 48 hours before getting on a flight to Anchorage.

5. ipedro macrumors 68040

ipedro

Call your credit card company. Let them deal with it. They’ll refund your money and take over the investigation.

6. fate.tw macrumors newbie

This is correct.

7. fischersd macrumors 601

fischersd

Actually...scratch that...just re-read their post.

Agreed...it was to be a 11/3 delivery, so they definitely have grounds to reverse the charges.

8. rkoshack macrumors regular

Mine has been in Korea for 2 days and still says Nov. 14 :(

9. Bullite macrumors newbie

Bullite

Mine too and it look like we are not on ups 99 who just took off incheon at 9:30 local time (est)

10. Shaarujon567 macrumors regular

Shaarujon567

Have fun with it when it arrives!

11. Opus00 macrumors member

Thanks! This is actually for a friend of mine, she will be very happy. I got mine on launch day and loving the phone...it's a beauty. The OLED screen is awesome and it is buttery smooth.

Now I am madly refreshing UPS tracking status page for that "Delivered" notice so I can run down to my office mail room to pick it up....:D:p:D

12. olivierf55 macrumors member

olivierf55

Mine is delivering today!! Leaving this thread, hope you all enjoy your new phones. See ya :):apple:

13. Brad Smith macrumors regular

Mine is now in Seattle and is saying Delivery Exception: Date Tentative. I sure hope it still gets here today...

14. fischersd macrumors 601

fischersd

Umm. It still has to go through Canadian Customs. :(

15. abydm macrumors member

Just my luck: (yyc)

• 11/10/2017 7:35 A.M.
    • A late flight has caused a delay. We will update the delivery date as soon as possible. / Your shipment is scheduled to arrive today after the delivery commitment time.
    • 11/10/2017 6:30 A.M.
    • A mechanical failure has caused a delay. We will update the delivery date as soon as possible. / Your delivery has been rescheduled for the next business day.
    • Sioux Falls, SD, US
    • 11/10/2017 7:21 A.M.
    • Departure Scan

16. screwedbyapple macrumors newbie

Guess I can quit my whining. Contrary to the observed path in the past and sh*tty luck so far, this thing seems to have taken a plane from Mount Hope to my location, so it's already out for delivery.

[​IMG]

17. Sailormannn, Nov 10, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2017

Sailormannn macrumors regular

Sailormannn

Me too. Doesn't look good for us if we're not on UPS49 or UPS99 that have both left. I can't see anything else scheduled today or tomorrow so we might be stuck in Incheon for the weekend. Lets hope they were on and we get an update when they've landed in Anchorage.

18. Brad Smith macrumors regular

Same here, even though it's here in Vancouver now:
    --- Post Merged, Nov 10, 2017 ---
    And despite the exception, it's now out for delivery!

Only question now is if the driver actually shows up. Out of my last 10 UPS shipments, only 2 of them have actually showed up on the day they were out for delivery. Either the package gets put on the wrong truck, or I'm at the end of the route and when it gets too late the driver just never shows up until late the following day.

Attached Files:

19. VirtualRain macrumors 603

VirtualRain

I really don't understand how people like me who pre-ordered within 10 minutes of the device becoming available, are still waiting on shipment (Nov. 14th in my case) while stores consistently have stock.

Normally, I'd wait but I'm off on a trip to Europe for 10 days starting on Sunday, so I ended up buying one this morning that I can pick up from Pacific Center today at noon. The one that's coming via UPS is going to have to go back, but since I'll be away, it's one phone that's going to be stuck in limbo that could otherwise have been in someone's hands if Apple's logistics were better.

20. Brad Smith macrumors regular

I think the takeaway from this launch, at least, is that if you don't get in on the launch day window for pre-orders and are willing to put in a bit of effort refreshing reserve and pickup or monitoring iStockNow, it's faster to just wait and obtain a phone that way instead of doing a pre-order for later delivery.

21. abydm macrumors member

Yeah mine shows it’s here in Calgary and I called UPS to see if it would be delivered today, lady said it’s still in the states and that’s just a logical scan.. not sure what bs she is feeding me but hope it does arrive today!

22. Shaarujon567 macrumors regular

Shaarujon567

Honestly asked myself that everyday, what’s the point of pre-order if people can randomly go in and get one
    --- Post Merged, Nov 10, 2017 ---
    Ah man I feel for you, hoping you get it faster

23. joech macrumors newbie

Same here, and I doubt I will see the phone early next week.

24. haqsha23 macrumors 6502

haqsha23

Definitely the lesson from all of this. I just wish i knew about this ahead of time. I spent so much unnecessary time and energy between October 27 and November 3rd wondering if my delivery date was going to be pushed up, when literally the day after launch i was able to go to my local store 5km away from me and reserve/pick one up. I'll definitely go through the pre-order process again just like last time, but if I don't get a launch day date, it's reserve and pickup for me.

25. VirtualRain macrumors 603

VirtualRain

Not trying to kill the buzz but those tracking every scan and flight movement... I once badgered a retailer for not shipping my pre-order because the UPS logs showed nothing, only to have it arrive without a single scan in the log. I’m just saying that you can’t always trust the scan logs are real time or in any way representative of where your shipment actually is at any given moment.