CANADA — iPhone X — Pre-Orders and Dispatch Thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LoveToMacRumors, Sep 11, 2017.

1. u2u2 macrumors newbie

Pretty much dead on. I did a pre order and got a December 5-12 delivery date. A modest daily effort landed me a reservation and phone yesterday. Once I was satisfied it had no issues I cancelled the pre order. A pre order is like insurance in a way. The part that got me was I went to the effort of reserving a phone. When I went to Yorkdale to pick it up they also had a walk-in line. No reservations with a thirty minute waite. The same time it took to pickup a reserved phone... The other Apple location I attended did not allow walk-in purchases. Must have been a large shipment that date.

The X is better than expected in every way. Moved up from a 7.

2. rkoshack macrumors regular

I could’ve easily gotten one by reserve and pickup by now. I probably have 2 dozen email notifications from istocknow over the last few days with 256gb stock in the vancouver area every day. If mine hadn’t already shipped and been charged I would’ve just gone to the store. Now I’m forced to wait for the 14th.

Going to be the longest long weekend ever..

3. andrewface macrumors 6502

andrewface

are people still waiting on X's? I've already been able to get my hands on two. One from Apple and one from Rogers.

4. fate.tw macrumors newbie

Yup. I'm 8 hours drive from the nearest Apple store, and I'm not interested in renewing my cell plan at a much higher rate, an extra $34 a month, for 2 years. Hopefully my wait ends Tuesday.

5. CairnsRock macrumors member

CairnsRock

Preorder is good if your not in a rush. (Which of course most who preorder want them ASAP) Looks like reserving in store wins this time around. Picked up at Fairview in Toronto nov 9 and cancelled my preorder which was in December.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 10, 2017 ---
    At Fairview yesterday there was a walk-in line, but the reserve in store folks walked right past it.

6. haqsha23 macrumors 6502

haqsha23

Launch day dates from pre-order is still better than reserve and pickup, because reserve and pickup will always be the day after launch as the earliest possible chance. Unfortunately next year will be even more competitive.

7. NauticalDan macrumors regular

I have a 256GB Silver and a 64GB Space Grey on reservation at Pacific Centre / Vancouver. Going to cancel those, if someone is interested in taking one, direct message me. We can set an exact time to the minute where I'll cancel, then they'll hopefully show up for you to get.

8. fischersd macrumors 601

fischersd

Heh. I must need sleep. Your handle made me think of the particle man song and now it's stuck in my head.

9. NauticalDan macrumors regular

I kinda like that name better - maybe time for a change!

10. CairnsRock macrumors member

CairnsRock

My reserve in store is in my pocket.

11. fischersd macrumors 601

fischersd

Hopefully not with keys!! ;)

12. Brad Smith macrumors regular

Well, who knows what's accurate at the moment — or if I'll receive anything at all today.

Apple's site says:
    Screen Shot 2017-11-10 at 2.14.44 PM.png

UPS MyChoice homepage says:

Screen Shot 2017-11-10 at 2.18.38 PM.png

UPS MyChoice details pop-over says:
    Screen Shot 2017-11-10 at 2.15.18 PM.png

Actual UPS tracking page says:
    Screen Shot 2017-11-10 at 2.15.30 PM.png

13. fischersd macrumors 601

fischersd

Wow! I'd get on the horn with UPS to see what the F is going on!

14. Brad Smith macrumors regular

No need. UPS guy just delivered it! Woohoo!

15. Sailormannn, Nov 10, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2017

Sailormannn macrumors regular

Sailormannn

No updates from UPS49 or UPS99 tonight so I guess we sit the weekend in Incheon. Must be a boatload of phones sitting there waiting to ship out. Assume I’m not getting it till mid week at earliest now.

Edit: Noticed UPS67 is now scheduled at 9:48 EST Saturday, Nov 11 from Incheon to Anchorage. There’s hope :)

16. Perihelion macrumors regular

My X showed up today. It’s effing glorious. Exceeded even my expectations.

17. VPrime macrumors 68000

VPrime

I had to return my 256gb silver to Masonville in London today and buy another one since the camera was defective. So I guess I took one of the phones allocated for tomorrow :)

Side note: The Masonville apple store is the worst I've ever been to. My front facing camera would show a weird blemish when there is bright light. The genius was able to recreate it by using a flash light. But wouldn't replace my phone. Said it's fine and I shouldn't be taking pictures with bright lights any ways. I had to fight them to get them to replace my phone, since it's too much to ask to have a $1700 phone to work flawlessly.
    Also not the first time I've had issues with this store. They damaged my iMac before and wouldn't fix it. Had to get apple HQ involved.

18. fischersd macrumors 601

fischersd

Both of the reservations I managed to nab were at the store in Masonville (yep, love driving to London for no other reason) ;)

Both times I was there I was correcting the "Genius" staff about things that they were telling their customers. Apple really should be doing a lot more training before letting these guys onto the floor. Selling products by misinforming the customers only builds distrust and quite possibly loses a customer for life.

19. jocyyu macrumors newbie

I thought about that too... it will be my next step if investigation takes way too long (more than 5 business days)
    friend from the bank advised that they expect the merchant to take reasonable steps to resolve the issue before they do the stop payment
    and since apple is investigating, i can’t / shouldn’t do a charge back yet

late today ups status changed... to officially lost
    “We're attempting to verify the package location. / Lost package investigation”

20. alphaswift macrumors member

My X tagged for Nov 21-28 shipped today and UPS is saying will be delivered in Ottawa by EOD on the 16th.

21. Sailormannn macrumors regular

Sailormannn

2 flights from Incheon today ... UPS67 just left for Anchorage and UPS99 is scheduled for 5:09PM EST today. Lets hope we see some movement on our orders today. Must be quite a load of phones waiting in Incheon for transport.

22. XianNewman, Nov 11, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2017

XianNewman macrumors newbie

XianNewman

67 long gone but no departure scan for me.

23. Sailormannn, Nov 11, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2017

Sailormannn macrumors regular

Sailormannn

Same here. Let’s hope for a depart and arrival scan after she lands in Anchorage. If not UPS99 leaves at 5:05PM EST. Painful :(

24. XianNewman macrumors newbie

XianNewman

Haha wouldn’t call painful, no matter which flight we catch it’ll be delivered after the weekend

25. Sailormannn macrumors regular

Sailormannn

I guess so. My original date was the 13th and there's no way it will be here then. We'll see; I'm guessing mid/late week unless things really start moving soon :)