Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Breezygirl

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2011
I would be happy keeping my 7 Plus for another year but my partners 6 Plus is starting to get old and he’s been waiting for me to give him my current phone. If I keep it for another year, he keeps his for another year and I don’t know if it will survive that long.

I don’t really want to get an 8 Plus knowing there is already a better phone out there. I’m going to think about it for the next month and maybe save my pennies just in case.
It’s a tough one for sure, I usually got each new phone that came out but with the prices skyrocketing and innovation lacking, I’m not doing it anymore.

If I needed a new phone like you I would also consider the X but the price is a huge pill to swallow and I would feel the same way about the 8 Plus as you do. Sigh.

Reactions: MVallee

MVallee

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada
It’s crazy how little interest there seems to be in the iPhone 8. I just checked and every color and size option of both the 8 and 8 Plus are still available for launch day pickup in the GTA.

SoApple

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2012
It looks like Apple forgot to look at the exchange rate lately, the Canadian dollar has been going up.

999$ US = 1216$ CAD at today's rate

So we get to pay an extra 100$ for nothing.

Yup. Apple is making an extra 10% on all their products with the current exchange rate. Frustrating but I doubt they'll revise any of their prices anytime soon.

hr10

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2009
I ordered a 8 plus and Apple Watch
I thought I had both pick up in store but turns out only the iphone is and the Watch being shipped. Status still showing "order placed" and wouldn't allow me to cancel or amend, anyone here have updated status to "processing"?

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
Ordered an 8 Plus (for my sister), but waiting to see the X myself. I did order a Series 3 watch and 4K Apple TV.

Gotta say, the app and the whole process was very smooth. Even being able to reserve in store and choose a time slot right at launch was working very nicely.

Reactions: Shaarujon567

Selcher

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2017
Canada
I put an iPhone 8 Plus 256gig in the cart and saw the total price and closed it out...

I'll keep my 7 Plus 256gig for now and see what Black Friday brings since I'm not on contract right now...

Reactions: Breezygirl

LoveToMacRumors

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 15, 2015
Canada
Question. I bought Apple care + for my 7 plus last year. Will that switch over when I get the iPhone X?
From Apple:

You can also transfer your AppleCare coverage plan between your own devices that are the same type of product and within 30 days of your original device purchase.

So answer is no

Reactions: Breezygirl

vistokid

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2007
HAHA... I called Apple and told them I'd like to order an 8 Plus but pay in US dollars since Apple's conversion rate is robbing us of over 10%. To my surprise the rep actually tried to do it but of course no dice. With such an expensive device it's actually quite a significant difference. Might wait for my next trip to the US and get one there.

Shaarujon567

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2015
Toronto Ontario Canada
I pre ordered the iPhone 8 plus 256gb at the Fairview Apple Store here in Toronto for pick up on Friday at 8am 22nd, my card was charged on Sunday but my order still says in progress, does anyone with experience know if thats normal, I usually get my iPhone to ship to my house but last year ups lost my package and I got it a few days later so I decided to do pick up this time around

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
I pre ordered the iPhone 8 plus 256gb at the Fairview Apple Store here in Toronto for pick up on Friday at 8am 22nd, my card was charged on Sunday but my order still says in progress, does anyone with experience know if thats normal, I usually get my iPhone to ship to my house but last year ups lost my package and I got it a few days later so I decided to do pick up this time around

I wouldn't worry, they're usually quite good with these reservation systems and it'll likely be ready Friday morning.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.