CANADA — iPhone X — Pre-Orders and Dispatch Thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LoveToMacRumors, Sep 11, 2017.

1. NorrisKillsKids, Nov 9, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2017

NorrisKillsKids macrumors 6502a

Mine too! the latest update just has a departure scan for AK but it moved back to EOD tomorrow!! I'll believe it when I see it though. You know me :|

edit: just got the email from UPS saying scheduled delivery is tomorrow...

2. MetaBunny macrumors newbie

MetaBunny

Same here: originally the 14th, now rescheduled for the 15th, sitting in ZhengZhou since 4:45 PM on 11/08.

It's frustrating to think that there's a decent chance I could have picked one up at the Eaton Centre already. Ah, well. More time to pore over cases, I guess.

3. Perihelion macrumors regular

Just got a notification from UPS, delivery tomorrow after all! Oh yeah!!!

4. thl0103 macrumors member

seems like 11PM is a sweet time for reservation, reserved 2X256GB at eaton centre tomorrow!!

5. ipedro macrumors 68040

ipedro

I got one! I can vouch for iStockNow. It really does work. The second something becomes available, I got a notification and tried to buy. I missed a few during high traffic times but now, when fewer people are expecting stock to become available, I got one, first at Sherway, then I waited for one to pop up at Yorkdale or Eaton Centre so I wouldn’t have to rent a car to get to Sherway and a Space Grey appeared at Eaton Centre and a Silver at at Yorkdale. I got the Silver.

If anybody wants to get a Silver iPhone X 256GB at Sherway, I’m about to cancel that order and it should become available in the system.

I’ll do it at MIDNIGHT so we’re in sync. Stand by.

6. Mikeeee macrumors regular

Mikeeee

I'm getting a real kick watching you guys track every flight. How the hell are you figuring out all this info? :eek:

7. Megan Boyce macrumors member

Megan Boyce

I find it quite comfortable to hold naked and just "grippy" enough.

8. Mikeeee macrumors regular

Mikeeee

Vancouver just got flooded again with lots of X's, 256 and 64. If you're still looking, get online now.

9. jocyyu macrumors newbie

wondering if anybody in the same boat as me... and perhaps already has a solution..

I managed to get first shipment on a 64silver thru the apple store app, delivery date Nov 3

but UPS tracking completely stopped after Nov 2 in Concord, ON

called UPS, they know nothing, tells me to call apple to do a trace
    called apple, all they say is they will investigate (and it's been two business days since then...)

credit card already charged Nov 3
    and the only refund process they can offer me is a regular return process -- ie. I print the return label and give the phone to UPS to send back, only then will I get money back on my credit card -- BUT I DON'T EVEN HAVE THE FREAKIN' PHONE!!

so they took my money and have no idea where the phone is...

I am lost as to what I can do next... my best guess as to what happened is ups lost it / someone stole it
    and i'm surprised at apple's response and lack of accountability on this
    the obvious solution is to refund me the money and find the phone / have ups ship the back the them

(sorry, this is a bit of a vent post too...)

10. Shaarujon567 macrumors regular

Shaarujon567

Did they launch a formal investigation, I suggest calling Apple again and asking to speak to a senior representative. I’d be more pissed if my money was taken and my phone has been this delayed to reach me, 2 years ago ups had lost my shipment and Apple had to launch an investigation before they could get me a new one it took about 2-3 days but they solved it I did have to speak to higher up support staff

11. olivierf55 macrumors member

olivierf55

FlightAware is your friend! And you gotta know UPS's typical routes. :cool:

12. jocyyu, Nov 10, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2017

jocyyu macrumors newbie

asked to speak to his supervisor NUMEROUS times (it was an hour long phone call too...)
    he didn't budge at all, i don’t know if he was dense or plain stubborn
    when I said I wanted a refund, he put thru a return process and told me to “pick up the phone and return it” then started making up things that ups did try to delivery it
    honestly, i don’t think he had a clue where concord, on is and how far away it is from BC

three phone calls to ups all same result (they *think* it’s still in Concord)

and all i got is an email saying
    “We're researching your recent delivery issue, and we'll email you as soon as we have an update.”

*sigh* why i preorder iphone x....... shouldve just waited and pick one up in store or bestbuy

13. fischersd macrumors 601

fischersd

It's pretty damn rare for UPS to lose a package....but given the number of these that they've been moving I guess statistically it was bound to happen. Sorry it was yours!! :(

Unfortunately, you have to grin and bear it for a bit. I'd give it another 5 business days. If there's no resolution at that point, I'd call UPS one last time asking for a status update - if they don't have any further information, then I'd escalate it to the executive team at Apple via sending Tim Cook an e-mail. Make sure it's very polite and state that you're asking for his help. Try to keep it short and to the point. His mailbox is actually managed by a team of escalation experts. (though Tim does actually read some of them, as we've seen) :) tcook@apple.com

Good luck!!!

14. fivestar322 macrumors newbie

fivestar322

Anyone know if seeing no movement for 2 days is normal? iPhone has been stuck in Incheon, Korea for exactly 48 hours now.

Screen Shot 2017-11-10 at 2.29.40 AM.png

15. fischersd macrumors 601

fischersd

Unfortunately, your shipment is stuck until there's room on another flight to Anchorage that has room for it. This happens occasionally. And, no, do NOT call Apple or UPS - you'll just be wasting their time. They can't tell you anything. (to do so would be a security risk).

16. fivestar322 macrumors newbie

fivestar322

Yeah I wasn't planning on calling. Not in a hurry or anything. Just found it weird that a few members on here had their phones shipped to AK with an Incheon arrival scan time of 17:52 while mines 17:40.

17. fischersd macrumors 601

fischersd

There's a bunch of the US phones in that shipment too (so you can see a lot of people pretty frustrated over on the other thread). UPS doesn't cause delays without reason. For all we know, there could be some storms over there messing up flights.

(some people figured it was the Trump visit....but this isn't like closing a couple of streets....they're not going to make southeast Asia a no-fly zone for that horse's ass) :)

18. screwedbyapple macrumors newbie

WTF, left Louisville at 5:40PM yesterday and arrived at BUFFALO at 0:59AM today. Got to Mount Hope at 4:18AM, import scan at 5:59AM. Why did this thing go to Buffalo, and by truck? Augh o_O

19. Bullite, Nov 10, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2017

Bullite macrumors newbie

Bullite

well look like I'm neither on those only 2 flight thas has left Incheon today ???

UPS49 B763 Incheon Int'l (RKSI) Anchorage Intl (PANC) 09:17PM KST (took off 34 minutes ago) 10:38AM AKST 7:20
    UPS99 MD11 Incheon Int'l (RKSI) Anchorage Intl (PANC) 11:28PM KST (departs in 1 hour 35 minutes) 12:47PM AKST

Edit: oups my bad ups99 still hasn’t departed yet. He will depart at 9:30 ish eastern time(toronto)

20. screwedbyapple macrumors newbie

You can still have hope, mine didn't show departure from Incheon until it had actually landed in the destination. But it went to Korea before Anchorage.

21. fischersd macrumors 601

fischersd

That's strange. Guess they didn't have a flight to put it on (or it was too full). When does UPS say that you're supposed to receive it?

22. screwedbyapple macrumors newbie

Still says end of day today but I doubt it. I'm probably going to get pushed to the 13th again. Pre-order, never again.

23. fischersd macrumors 601

fischersd

Heh. Well, if you're in the GTA you certainly could receive it today. Takes less than an hour to get from Mount Hope to Concorde, so they could still get this shipment sorted in time to go out for delivery today. Any other scans after the import scan?

24. screwedbyapple macrumors newbie

Yes, but I'm in southwestern Ontario so that's why I'm not holding my breath. Just got a departure scan from Mount Hope at 7:39AM, so hope it's at Concord by 9 and leaves by 10, then maybe I still have a chance.

Can't believe I'm wasting so much time following this :confused:

25. fischersd macrumors 601

fischersd

Well, a lot of people would be better off if they just plugged their orders into the Deliveries app on their phone and tried to forget about it. :)
    I'm sure the customer service agents at Apple and UPS will be glad when all of the pre-orders have been delivered.