Canada iPhone users

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gngan, Dec 11, 2011.

1. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

I read a lot of threads saying that Canadian carriers will unlock their locked iphone for a small fee. My sister asked several Bell shops but they wouldn't do it Is anyone with Bell?

2. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

At least with Rogers, or Telus too, you have to be past the contract or have bought the phone outright...not sure about Bell though.

3. dtbratt macrumors 6502

dtbratt

I have called Bell in the past and was told they would not do it.

Never had to in the end as Bell & Virgin Mobile will work both ways as far as SIMs go.

4. Dheald macrumors member

I was pretty sure Bell only unlocked at the end of your contract. Rendering it kind of useless since they assume you're going to upgrade at the end, forgetting about your old phone.

5. gngan thread starter macrumors 68000

gngan

My sister travels a lot; that's why she is asked me about unlocking it. Can anyone else confirm if Bell will unlock at the end of the contract?

6. dtbratt macrumors 6502

dtbratt

Call 310-BELL and ask a few different Bell reps.

7. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

I'm with Fido and they make you wait until the end of your contract. I've talked to someone who's with Telus though, and he said that they would unlock it for $50 if you're 6 months into the contract. Not sure about Bell though.

If you can't get it carrier unlocked, I heard the Gevey sim works. They're sold everywhere in Toronto for $30.

8. gngan thread starter macrumors 68000

gngan

My sister talked to a lot of different reps in Bell and they all wouldn't do it. That's why i am confirming it with other Canadian users here. There must be some successful stories here. Please help fellow Canadians.

9. dtbratt macrumors 6502

dtbratt

Sorry, but your not going to have any luck. Maybe sell your current iPhone and buy an unlocked iPhone from the Apple Store.