CANADA Oct 1: iPod Touch in Bestbuy and Futureshop

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jaekwong, Sep 30, 2007.

1. jaekwong macrumors newbie

Tommorow, on the futureshop website and Best Buy , the Ipod touch will be released

A Few questions:

1) How can i make sure that its a week 38 model without opening? Do i know by making sure it is a Macy Gray box art?

2) Will they probably carry w37, 38, or 39?

3) What is the art cover for the week 39 model? And when can i see the week 39 released?

Thanks for answering these questions!

Hopefully this will serve useful for other Canadians!

2. sundayx macrumors member

I saw around 20/30 touch units in Best Buy downtown Toronto as of last week (22nd?). Anyways you can see the serial number on the box. I got mine at Eaton Center yesterday and it is week 38.

3. iNeurox macrumors member

I'm from Canada too and I ordered a 8 Gb Touch on FutureShop's website yesterday. I HOPE they will ship me a week 38, but some people here say that screen problems get fixed on Week 37 with the latest update.

And to answer your question, I think that the Macy Gray box is the Week 38 model. But if you're not sure, you can always look what serial number your iTouch is. ;)

4. SkottDMD macrumors 6502

Go by the week number on the back not the box, some 38's were not in the Macy Gray box. I saw one on display at Best Buy today, it was a week 38 if that's any help.

5. Four20 macrumors 6502a

Four20

you do NOT want a macy gray box. . .but if it's all software based(the screen issue) then it doesn't really matter. . .just turn it around, look at the serial number and look for 36, 37, 38 or 39 within the serial.

6. sparsk macrumors member

The Macy Gray Boxes are supposed to be the newer edition ipods. They should be the better ones and have less chances of screen defect.

Try to buy a week 39, if not buy a w38 and exchange it if necessary. BestBuy and FutureShop have good return policies.

7. SkottDMD macrumors 6502

All of them are going to be between week 36-39 and it's the Macy Gray box that most week 38 units were shipped in.