Canada passes controversial motion against islamaphobia and then...

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Zombie Acorn, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Most Canadians were against passing the motion M103 which singled out Islamic faith against criticisms and is likely to lead to further laws that hamper free speech against this religion, but liberals couldn't help themselves:

https://news.google.ca/news/amp?caurl=http://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4038016#pt0-372009

Meanwhile, this happens in Quebec:

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/montreal/imam-sermon-montreal-mosque-1.4037397

So we are passing motions to silence criticism of the most violent religion on the face of the earth, while mosques are hosting a guy in our country that is calling for the death of Jewish people and no one in the mosque sees a problem with it: http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/montreal/imam-sermon-montreal-mosque-1.4037397

Wake the **** up liberals and pull your head out of your ass.

2. cfedu macrumors 65816

cfedu

Islamophobia, what a load of BS. I will admit that I am christianityphobic, I have a great dislike for christianity to the point that it might be considered an irrational fear, Islam on the other hand is a threat to the world.

3. Altis macrumors 68020

The biggest problem is they don't define "Islamophobia".

We have a motion passed that doesn't define the terms. That was the largest criticism and yet they never provided one. "Islamophobia" is a made up term that means completely different things depending on who you ask.

So now people rightly wonder... what constitutes it?

Either this motion is entirely for show, or we have an impending bill that implements it into law. I don't see what good can come from this.

4. Populism, Mar 23, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2017

Populism macrumors regular

Populism

I agree. The key is to ignore and/or embrace the spread of Islam.

Nothing to see here.

Move along.

5. Altis macrumors 68020

[​IMG]

6. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

What is the punishment for being islamophobic?

7. Adam Warlock macrumors regular

Adam Warlock

More treasonous scum selling out our once-great country for a few votes. I still can't believe Canadians voted in such a useless popinjay and his leftist handlers. :oops:

8. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Yeah, thats pretty sad. How the !@#$ do these people get so soft and sissy-ish? WHY do they hate their own country so much? Disgusting. Islam is pretty suspect as far as religions go. Sorry but those are the facts.

9. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

The article states that some tried to include all religions in this bill but that didn't fly for some reason. So instead of it being a fair, don't be a dick to anyone because of their religion bill, it just mentions Islam. Fail, IMHO

10. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

so Islam kills? I thought radical terrorists did that. my bad.

11. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Close. Radical Islamic Terrorists kill.

12. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

An utter falsehood. The entire religion is a not a threat to the world. Only the people who take their faith to radical extremes. And really, they probably aren't even doing that but are really just using a particular religion as justification for the things that they would want to do anyway.

13. Nefilim Suspended

Also radical christian terrorists kill, as Quebecers would know.

OT: Not a fan of the bill, all religious garbage should be allowed to be criticized, without limitations .

14. Altis macrumors 68020

I believe it still mentions religions in general, but then why is "Islamophobia" singled out specifically?

The opposition proposed removing "Islamophobia" (or at the very least defining what that would actually mean since it's a made up, ambiguous word), leaving it as a motion that applied equally to all religions.

The Liberals refused and insisted it had to be "Islamophobia" instead. The reason for this is so they can establish a group to investigate "Islamophobia" specifically, and then push legislation through with their findings.

It's really sketchy, and the fact that they did it with the full knowledge that the overwhelming majority of Canadians opposed it is eye raising, to say the least.

15. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

I don't think that last part is true. Nobody is going to blow themselves up if they don't believe they are going to heaven to be rewarded.

16. niploteksi macrumors regular

Sure about that? People commit suicide every day. Do you think everyone of them believe they are going to heaven? A soldier who goes out to meet certain death could do so for other reasons than to serve "god".

17. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

You'll be best off violating this law and being sent to jail. That'll be the safest place after the wildfire of Islamic radical terror starts burning across Canada.

18. Zombie Acorn thread starter macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

If they try to make this law I'm going out to protest with a Muhammad sign.

19. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

It was nice knowing you.

20. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Big difference between killing yourself and dedicating your life to killing people
    Who don't believe what you believe. What would be the motivation for these acts of terror if they didn't have their religion?

21. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

They passed a "non-binding motion condemning Islamophobia and religious discrimination."

In other words, it's a bit of rhetorical tissue paper.

22. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

So it's meaningless?

23. Zombie Acorn thread starter macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Yes, but they refused to not have it single out Islam. Go be Jewish in middle eastern part of TO, you'll see real tolerance. I have a work pal who's been spit on multiple occasions.

24. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Well, I'm no expert on Canadian law, but usually "non-binding" resolutions are toothless. A "non-binding resolution to condemn" just means that parliamentarians can say something's bad, but they don't have to.

Which seems to me like a nothing-burger.

25. niploteksi macrumors regular

Political reasons? Do you dispute that there have been other cultures employing suicide soldiers. Or that there have been other acts of terrorism than Islamic extremists?

I don't believe that a majority of the young people from Europe who go down to fight for IS are motivated by religious reasons.