iPad Canadian Travelling To Hawaii w/ iPad - Question

Discussion in 'iPad' started by appleeli, Oct 30, 2013.

1. appleeli macrumors newbie

Strongly considering the purchase of a new LTE/Wifi iPad Air or iPad mini (retina).

We are travelling to Hawaii for a few weeks this winter, and I'd like to be able to use the device while I'm there.

Assuming that I purchase the unit in Canada, I am looking for guidance on the following issues:

1) Does it matter which "network" I choose when purchasing my iPad (Rogers, Bell or Telus)? For instance, if I purchase the Rogers model, does it give me additional carrier options in the US (over, say, the Bell or Telus model)?

2) Will a T-Mobile nano sim work in a Canadian iPad? T-Mobile appears to have the most competitive monthly (pre-paid) plan options, so I am leaning towards grabbing a T-Mobile SIM ... but I am also open to plan suggestions from others who travel to the US frequently.

3) Any other tips for a Canadian travelling to the US with an iPad?

Thanks in advance for the help and suggestions!

2. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

Taking a cruise to Hawaii in Feb with my new Verizon LTE Ipad Air. Looks like Verizon has pretty good coverage in the islands. Maybe I'll see you there, eh?

3. taran420 macrumors 6502a

If you buy it full price from apple, the iPad will come unlocked so you can use any carrier.

I'm not sure if tmobile would work or not. Not sure if bands and stuff are different or even if iPad is compatible with tmobile?
    AT&T for example would work with the iPad bought in Canada.

4. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

http://www.apple.com/ipad/LTE/

Just one model each for cellular iPad Air and iPad mini with Retina supporting 14 LTE bands. As long as it's unlocked, yes it will work.

5. taran420 macrumors 6502a

Thanks.

Well there we go. All questions answered for OP

And as per any tips, don't be the tourist takings pics with your iPad lol